JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I forget how threads go all over the place until I read through them start to finish. LoL
I like the idea of a camera at a range, incase somebody negligently shoots me and I need to prove something or another. Also if I accidentally shoot the headcase who decided it was wise to go beyond the line to pick up brass or change a target... whatever.

I do not like the idea of being corrected or watched by some creep in a backroom unless I was truly in the wrong.

I also dislike paying a bunch of money to shoot in a sweaty noisy environment. Gas is cheaper.

I don't like the cameras because it feels like someones standing behind me watching my every move. After awhile i kinda forgot that the cameras are there and went about my business then this ish happens:mad:

They should have security type cams with DVR's recording during hrs they are open. The cams should not be a way to monitor live action by lazy RO's, this way people dont feel like big bro is monitoring you via cams.

Having said that I can think of a ton of situations where I do wish a RO was watching and seen what the retards in the next lane were doing. I have left the range on a quite a few occasions due to the only open lane being right next to a collection of absolute MORONS who have ZERO respect for gun safety.

It does no good to call these kinds of people out on their unsafe practices. They just deny everything and get loud and belligerent.

I once thought AHA, I got it, I'll buy a fake gun and put a cheap clamp on Chinese laser on it, next time I see a barrel pointed at me a bunch of times I'll get out the fake gun, turn on the laser and "accidentally" point it at the retards next to me with the laser on so they will see if and hopefully make comments to me, thus enabling me to reply with, well concerning this laser I just swept you with, on this fake gun, I did that because I looked over and seen your loaded gun's barrel pointing at me about 5 times in the last 10 minutes.

That went badly and resulted in a lot bigger arguments and a near fist fight.

Now, I just get up and leave.

Now I mostly just drive way out into the forest, find a nice area with a dirt hill backstop and shoot there. Problem is, I can not access any of these locations during winter so I still need a range membership. Oh well, at least there are far fewer unsafe idiots there when it is 12 degrees and snowing.

~

I don't mind the cameras, nor do I worry about privacy.
I belong to TCGC because it enables me to shoot at night in winter.
I've met more whack-jobs in the woods than I care to count, and have met only two at TCGC. In all instances, I leave.
You can tell the jacktards who would also leave a mess in the woods - these are the guys who never police their brass and definitely do not leave the place looking like it was when they arrived.
I loathe crowds too. If I get to the 100 yd range and there are more than 10 benches in use, I leave.
All in all, I am very happy as a member there, appreciate its existence, and want it to be there for decades to come.

I am a relatively new member to TCGC and love the place. Don't mind cameras at all and have yet to have a bad interaction with an RO. I think the place is pretty well run overall, other than the spat between the club and the landowners (not the right terms, sorry) on the lease terms and quarrying stuff.

But I only spend my time at 5 locations (.22 indoor range, 50/100 yard range, 25/50 yard pistol range, short range and action range) so maybe I am avoiding the idiots, or am just getting lucky.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top