JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My My, those look like great toys.
Certainly not calling you a liar, more just wondering why you think ANY public or private gun club, surrounded by homes and neighborhoods, would or should let you shoot these items on their premises.
Blast the desert sand all you want.
Carry on...
FRU has been on my block list forever. Guns like that are cool but not on a suburban range like TCGC. Take them far out to the forest.

FRU has been on my block list forever.

I'm feelin' ya on that.
Not sure why he thinks it's even a point worth discussing...
Full auto, armor-piercing, and ultra-high power rounds on a suburban range is not a good idea, and not going to happen.
I don't mean to discount his desire nor right to shoot these items, and I truly appreciate his service (I'm assuming there is a military background there), but there's a place for these.
And it's not in a neighborhood.

I'm honestly tired of the old guys and the operators and mall ninjas who all know more than the rules. It gets old. Follow the rules. Have a good time. Be safe. No full auto. No AP ammo. No 50BMG.

KEEP THE MUZZLE BELOW THE BERM.

cameras are going to be great if it weeds out these guys.

Old Guys? Really? Your age makes you a better member?

Having been shooting for 65 years, and having been a competition shooter, I think I know how to handle myself on the range...despite my age.
You might think you do but your rules may not be the range rules. Lots of old guys know better than the rules and that's a problem. You shoot at a range, what YOU know doesn't matter if the range rules are different.

Young guys have the same or other problems.

One of THE WORST guys in our discipline holds some world records and he still won't follow the rules.

You might think you do but your rules may not be the range rules. Lots of old guys know better than the rules and that's a problem. You shoot at a range, what YOU know doesn't matter if the range rules are different.

Young guys have the same or other problems.

One of THE WORST guys in our discipline holds some world records and he still won't follow the rules.
The Izaak Walton range is 15 minutes from my house. I'm a member. I know the range rules and follow them. Nice to know, though, that I will be immediately suspect by some people because of my age.

I shoot at TCGC and I'm pretty sure the LEOs are shooting full auto on what used to be the rimfire range. But I guess civilians are not trusted to shoot safely.

They put in cameras at a range nearby. They also redid the overhead cover on the pistol range and shortly thereafter, it was shot full of holes. The cameras helped figure out who dunnit. After I heard about that, the cameras don't really bother me.

Ahh well it finally happened. This is exactly why I don't approve of the cameras.

I was at the black powder range today shooting my ar22 sbr. About 10-20mis into it, a fellow named (lets just call him Jerk) comes in hot in a orange/grayish golf cart truck looking thing and asks me if I was shooting my rifle like a pistol. First thing comes to mind is, he probably doesn't know that this is a registered sbr, so I answer with: this is a rifle. He asks several times the same question, Are you shooting this like a pistol? So I said, Why would I shoot this like a pistol when this is a rifle? He then looses it and swears at me and now we are cussing each other out and he tells me, Well on cameras it looks like you were shooting it like a pistol. Me: Well I wasn't.

Anyway, this is just part of what happened long story short, he kicked me out for the day because you know these ro's are bullies and do WTeFF they want. Now I'll have to face the committee in a week or so, so I'm looking foward to that:confused:

Are you a club or range member? Gather your loyal forces around you and at the next membership meeting, (if you have any) absolutely demand the instant termination with cause of the idiot who called you out. Decent ranges have no place for such behavior.

If you are not a member and have no leverage what so ever in making positive future policy and action changes then strongly consider voting with your feet. Do not go gently into the night. Lay it on thick. It is possible you may influence positive range future change. :(

Do not get mad. Get even. Be law abiding. This stuff also happens to me. Keep you BATFE ruling letters handy along with the appropriate or required BATFE tax stamp. Stay calm. Then blow them out of the legal and emotion water with a well timed legal broadside. Idiots!

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

Ahh well it finally happened. This is exactly why I don't approve of the cameras.

I was at the black powder range today shooting my ar22 sbr. About 10-20mis into it, a fellow named (lets just call him Jerk) comes in hot in a orange/grayish golf cart truck looking thing and asks me if I was shooting my rifle like a pistol. First thing comes to mind is, he probably doesn't know that this is a registered sbr, so I answer with: this is a rifle. He asks several times the same question, Are you shooting this like a pistol? So I said, Why would I shoot this like a pistol when this is a rifle? He then looses it and swears at me and now we are cussing each other out and he tells me, Well on cameras it looks like you were shooting it like a pistol. Me: Well I wasn't.

Anyway, this is just part of what happened long story short, he kicked me out for the day because you know these ro's are bullies and do WTeFF they want. Now I'll have to face the committee in a week or so, so I'm looking foward to that:confused:

I'd say as long as you weren't braking range rules, you'll be fine!

As HB suggests, I'd most definitely try to make some waves about how you were treated.

A few years ago I got reemed by an a$$hat hippie-looking RO for merely replacing one of the target backer-boards in the (then) new pistol ranges inside those converted shipping containers by the action range... the backer-boards were sitting right outside of the front by doors (without any "off limits" notices), and the backer-board I was replacing had a bowling-ball sized hole shot out of the middle of it because the paper targets were tearing when shot.

He was two blinks from getting a broken nose... and as he walked off I did a marvelous rapid-fire mag-dump to see what he'd do... he kept walking. It was the last time I ever set foot on TCGC. I now shoot for free (when I want and how I want) above Scotts Mills since then.

Last Edited:
I forget how threads go all over the place until I read through them start to finish. LoL
I like the idea of a camera at a range, incase somebody negligently shoots me and I need to prove something or another. Also if I accidentally shoot the headcase who decided it was wise to go beyond the line to pick up brass or change a target... whatever.

I do not like the idea of being corrected or watched by some creep in a backroom unless I was truly in the wrong.

I also dislike paying a bunch of money to shoot in a sweaty noisy environment. Gas is cheaper.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top