JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm in the Coast Guard (my wife and I use the same profile, so I apologize if anyone has read my posts and this is confusing)... and quite frankly, I would gundeck the inspection log, saying there wasn't anything to confiscate, before I would steal a completely law-abiding citizen's firearms. I swore to uphold the constitution, regardless of how stupid things get. It wouldn't be the first time I've been yelled at for being right.

OTOH, if I am boarding some crackhead's floating meth lab (true story-really happened), I would pass their weapons to my Boarding officer, and he can confiscate them and hand them over to the courts. But there are specific times and rules about having firearms on vessels, and that isn't going to change anytime soon. This kind of goes along with a joke we tell sometimes - but I'll skip the joke and just say that we Coasties are more likely to be insubordinate if told to do something really crazy/stupid/illegal than some would be. But I know that in all law enforcement agencies and military services, you have some who are in it to help people and some who are in it to help themselves. I know plenty of both.

Pretty sad that this discussion is even taking place. This country is going to **** and I'm not sure there are enough good men left to prevent it.

Now there's the statement that we all need to sit up and pay attention to.

What's that saying...when good men do nothing...

Wichaka...pronounced wee-chalk-uh Shoshone hybrid word meaning trusted loyal friend. Found that word many years ago and so named my choc lab, which has long passed on. When Gore invented the net, I figured no one would ever come up with that name, so if you see it anywhere else on the net...its me.

I'm not a politician, I don't cave into useless political rhetoric, especially when lives are on the line...especially mine...which is why my personnel file is fairly thick! :woot:

I am my own person. I do not believe in the so called 'blue', 'green', or nice shade of 'mauve' lines. If an Officer lies, off with his head. If he/she shames me...off with the whole package!

Some don't like me because I am this way, some steer clear of me, while still others have too much 'sheep' in them to take the time to understand the whys and wherefores...if there is such a thing.

Many things have shaped me over 24 years on the job, 3 shootings, working major crimes (homicide/child sex crimes/forensic lab), and all the politics that most any human is allowed to endure...and then some.

I specialize/armorer/'smith 1911's and any other LE/Military weapons being used. When I give my weapons opinion its based on my personal experience and those whom I trust in the industry.

I will never intentionally steer anyone wrong on this or any other forum I belong. If you don't like the opinion or the advice I give, you can't possibly know how little I care if you don't.

I still like and stand by the old Snap-On Tools motto;

I'd rather explain the price of quality, than apologize for something less.

Be well all.

Now there's the statement that we all need to sit up and pay attention to.

What's that saying...when good men do nothing...

Wichaka...pronounced wee-chalk-uh Shoshone hybrid word meaning trusted loyal friend. Found that word many years ago and so named my choc lab, which has long passed on. When Gore invented the net, I figured no one would ever come up with that name, so if you see it anywhere else on the net...its me.

I'm not a politician, I don't cave into useless political rhetoric, especially when lives are on the line...especially mine...which is why my personnel file is fairly thick! :woot:

I am my own person. I do not believe in the so called 'blue', 'green', or nice shade of 'mauve' lines. If an Officer lies, off with his head. If he/she shames me...off with the whole package!

Some don't like me because I am this way, some steer clear of me, while still others have too much 'sheep' in them to take the time to understand the whys and wherefores...if there is such a thing.

Many things have shaped me over 24 years on the job, 3 shootings, working major crimes (homicide/child sex crimes/forensic lab), and all the politics that most any human is allowed to endure...and then some.

I specialize/armorer/'smith 1911's and any other LE/Military weapons being used. When I give my weapons opinion its based on my personal experience and those whom I trust in the industry.

I will never intentionally steer anyone wrong on this or any other forum I belong. If you don't like the opinion or the advice I give, you can't possibly know how little I care if you don't.

I still like and stand by the old Snap-On Tools motto;

I'd rather explain the price of quality, than apologize for something less.

Be well all.

Good for you, wee-chalk-uh. :s0155:

I'm glad you straightened out the proper pronunciation of your screen name... I always "pronounced" it "Witch-ah-ka"... analogous to one of the "Inglorious Bastadges" (the movie) from Kentucky posing as an Italian saying, "Ah-reaver-derchie" :s0112: :s0155:

I have a good friend who is a LEO in a county in Wa. state. He is very constitutionally minded. He noted to me during his experience at Police Academy in Lakewood that many, if not most, of his class mates already had a superiority complex on the 2A issue. He asked his instructors for an opportunity to address the class on the subject. He reminded the students of their oath, and that in spite of their personal thoughts on RKBA, he said he personally knows many citizens who are better armed and better trained then they are, and they need to get off their high horse and re-think their position.

I have a good friend who is a LEO in a county in Wa. state. He is very constitutionally minded. He noted to me during his experience at Police Academy in Lakewood that many, if not most, of his class mates already had a superiority complex on the 2A issue. He asked his instructors for an opportunity to address the class on the subject. He reminded the students of their oath, and that in spite of their personal thoughts on RKBA, he said he personally knows many citizens who are better armed and better trained then they are, and they need to get off their high horse and re-think their position.

Amen brother!

I do not believe that LEO's and/OR national Guard will be set loose to confiscate, however, I could see Nato stepping in with "International peace keeping forces" to do the job.

This would explain why there are more of those helmet sized blue targets popping up in the woods around here.

I'm sure the majority will follow order to protect their padded pensions. All this will stop when the sheeple together stand up to the evil forces in this country.

Yep there will be sheep that will follow the rest to the slaughter brainlessly, then there will be those who know that we've come to a point where it won't matter, and there's nothing left worth following...those are the ones that will fight along side of those who are willing to put their money and malon labe stickers where there mouths are, unfortunately there won't be many on either side

E87bug1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads