JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok so I am not a sworn peace officer, just an armed guard.... yea there are some officers that will not go with the flow and take the legal guns away from citizens. I have ran into cops that got in my face for open carrying in public (yes I have a CHL) and threatened to revoke my license. These officers forgot that their job is to up hold the laws, so your telling me that these same officers would not go with the flow and come knock on my door and try to take my guns? A lot of cops don't think outside of the box and do as they are told and they fail to understand that the system is gonna catch up with them sooner or later. If I am not mistaking, a peace officer has sworn to uphold the constitution and if he or she is gonna walk all over my 2nd amendment and take away my right to defend myself....... well not only are they my enemy but an enemy to this country and they should be relieved of their duty. I am not a violent person, I don't plan on harming another unless it's in self defense so if you wanna come take my gun(s).... I am gonna give you my ammo first.

Or by the time they come to take my guns, all my guns will be sold :D

Last Edited:
The problem with LE and Military alike, there are sheep amongst the sheepdogs.

This very thing came up many years ago with the original assault weapons ban. ATF held some trainings about the ban...what was legal, what was not...and the amazing thing back then was the heckling they got from a lot of LEO's in the room. That day the sheep were exposed, and the sheep dogs stood their ground.

Many told the ATF to pack sand, and many of us still do.

The question came up in a group of us that teach at the academy...not the door to door thing, as stated here already...it would be a logistical nightmare, so I don't see that happening...but law(s) being passed about amount of guns one could own, or the amount of ammo possessed at one time, or an all out firearm turn in, like in some other countries.

Like the ATF seminar, some of us were not afraid to voice our opinion to them in front of LE Admin. and the like, and so it goes without saying that stance still holds true today.

Some ask themselves what they would do in a shooting, and likewise what some LE would "actually" do in the face of such a ban/law. No one really knows for sure until the time comes..but divide and conquer is not an option...being united is what will stop, or at least slow the possibility of that ever happening.

One has to figure...how many LEO's are there in the US of A? What's the population of non LEO's in the US of A? That's quite a lopsided number...and some of those LEO's will in fact stand shoulder to shoulder with those non LEO's for the common good.

I got some jaw jacking from some Admin. types a couple years ago. I was called to back up the County on a gun incident. A father goes to retrieve his daughter at a party, he gets confronted by 3 village idiots who try to keep his daughter there, he draws into a SUL position, and one village idiot calls 911.
The county guy is unsure of how to handle the so called gun assault. I told him that he had no assault on the part of the legal gun carrying citizen, but you do have attempted assault and harassment on the part of the village idiots.
The gun was temporarily taken for safe keeping, the make/model/ser# noted, and after the call was done, the gun returned to the owner on the spot.

This is how these types of incidents should be handled, not the gun owner being admonished for doing the right thing. This sends a msg to all village idiots, be careful with your behavior...and legal gun owners, there are sheepdogs out here watching your back...sorry to say, you'll just need to wade thru the sheep to find them.

This is how these types of incidents should be handled, not the gun owner being admonished for doing the right thing. This sends a msg to all village idiots, be careful with your behavior...and legal gun owners, there are sheepdogs out here watching your back...sorry to say, you'll just need to wade thru the sheep to find them.

Awesome post!

BTW- Its not so much about wading through the sheep, as it is wading through the manure they leave all over the place!

My Brother-in-Law is a Deputy with WashCo, and he attests that nobody he knows would carry out disarming the citizenry... gives me hope that we still have a future.

My Brother-in-Law is a Deputy with WashCo, and he attests that nobody he knows would carry out disarming the citizenry... gives me hope that we still have a future.

I hate cops. Some of you may recall that I went through about 13 months of **** and expense getting my CHL back and am suing a local high ranking cop, and I'll win.

Maybe those cops who say they wouldn't disarm citizens are simply smart enough to know they'd like to live.

I never planned on living forever. I do plan on keeping my guns as long as I live.

Ok, I know many Cops are good people, I know several of them. But you now have this new generation of LEO's that have been brainwashed into thinking that gun owners are bad. Not to mention those Liberal Cops that hate guns anyway. My Mom had an encounter with one a few years ago. If any of you, whoever you are, want to take my guns, you can go ahead and pry them from my cold dead fingers.

First of all they can't keep guns off the streets nows and if they tried to collect everyone it would be impossible. There are not enough people to do it and many would not have the guts to do it.......

NYC has about 12,000,000 people and 33,000 officers so just that factor alone is so unequal.

It will never happen, not enough people, to many scared people, nobody knows who has what, and too many people..............

I will never loose one gun to them.

There is no way to go door to door to collect all the guns. What makes more sense would be to make the guns illegal and gave "law abiding citizens" a certain amount of time to turn in all their firearms. As well as confiscate any weapons from those who came to FEMA like camps for food, shelter and other assistance.

We have a few LEO's on this board who go out of their way to share information with us and are pretty up front about a lot of things. Lets not use this thread as a reason to bash them. There are good and bad just like in any other job.

There is no way to go door to door to collect all the guns. What makes more sense would be to make the guns illegal and gave "law abiding citizens" a certain amount of time to turn in all their firearms. As well as confiscate any weapons from those who came to FEMA like camps for food, shelter and other assistance.

We have a few LEO's on this board who go out of their way to share information with us and are pretty up front about a lot of things. Lets not use this thread as a reason to bash them. There are good and bad just like in any other job.

You could not have stated it any better...

Here's my take on it. I know there are exceptions to every rule and I'm sure there are good cops. Sometimes I think it depends on the department, top down.

However, I do believe that the career attracts the wrong type of people who I'll just refer to as bullys. They love the authority, the badge, the gun, the uniform, the fkn hat, the marked car, the lights, the siren, etc. It makes them feel important and they feel important and powerful. Let's just say they enjoy their position too much and they lord it over citizens.

Because there are so many of those, I don't trust any of them. Oh, and did I mention that I know from experience that they will lie for each other?

Here's my take on it. I know there are exceptions to every rule and I'm sure there are good cops. Sometimes I think it depends on the department, top down.

However, I do believe that the career attracts the wrong type of people who I'll just refer to as bullys. They love the authority, the badge, the gun, the uniform, the fkn hat, the marked car, the lights, the siren, etc. It makes them feel important and they feel important and powerful. Let's just say they enjoy their position too much and they lord it over citizens.

Because there are so many of those, I don't trust any of them. Oh, and did I mention that I know from experience that they will lie for each other?

Unfortunately, the job does attract types who shouldn't be in the field.

Here's my thoughts/generalizations.

I can think of at least 3 different groups. One group was attracted because of the pay and benefits. Another group really do want to make a difference and help communities. For the third group, it is the ability to wield the badge and authority over others.

The 3rd group have no business having the authority they wield. I realize I might have missed something as well.

Unfortunately, the job does attract types who shouldn't be in the field.

Here's my thoughts/generalizations.

I can think of at least 3 different groups. One group was attracted because of the pay and benefits. Another group really do want to make a difference and help communities. For the third group, it is the ability to wield the badge and authority over others.

The 3rd group have no business having the authority they wield. I realize I might have missed something as well.

1. Pay and benefits. Not bad, especially over time, agreed. But the nicest guys I know who do that are firemen.

2. Few and far between.

3. I'd like to know what percentage is in that group. Very high from my experience.

1. Pay and benefits. Not bad, especially over time, agreed. But the nicest guys I know who do that are firemen.

2. Few and far between.

3. I'd like to know what percentage is in that group. Very high from my experience.

1. Agree.

2. Never said they were really cpmmon. I think they used to be more common.

3. Unfortunately, I have to agree.

Yes we lie for we for each other all the time, no matter the circumstance.

We purposely lie in court to make sure anyone and everyone gets convicted, no matter the circumstance.

We lie so much in our personal lives that we no longer can figure out what's reality.

So please make sure to inform to everyone we meet so we can all beware. As we all know that auto mechanics don't lie. Computer tech's don't lie. Truck drivers certainly don't lie. Airline pilots would never think of lying, the same goes for Military people, and Firemen as well. In fact one of the prerequisites for the pre-employment interview is to make sure that the applicant IS a liar.

But then I'm a liar, so don't believe what I posted. :s0063:

We purposely lie in court to make sure anyone and everyone gets convicted, no matter the circumstance.

We lie so much in our personal lives that we no longer can figure out what's reality.

So please make sure to inform to everyone we meet so we can all beware. As we all know that auto mechanics don't lie. Computer tech's don't lie. Truck drivers certainly don't lie. Airline pilots would never think of lying, the same goes for Military people, and Firemen as well. In fact one of the prerequisites for the pre-employment interview is to make sure that the applicant IS a liar.

LOL, nice strawman.

The difference is when computer techs and mechanics lie to customers, they don't have the monopoly of force and the full power of the bureaucratic state on their side. Which as you know changes everything.

LOL, nice strawman.

The difference is when computer techs and mechanics lie to customers, they don't have the monopoly of force and the full power of the bureaucratic state on their side. Which as you know changes everything.

That's why we lie all the more, so every innocent man, woman, and child gets hurt...either physically or otherwise.

But then again, I lie about everything... :s0063:

I recently was given a novel from a friend that explores this exact subject in a current setting. The book presents a highly likely scenario that could come to pass and it's affect on gun owners. The novel title is "Neither Predator Nor Prey".
Check it out and then decide what would you do if this becomes real.

The extreme seriousness of having the power of police lie about you, or lie about what they did to you makes all of the other things you mentioned seem mundane.

You must know that I am suing a local cop. I just got a motion granted for sanctions against him for dishonesty to the court and the trial hasn't even started. He misrepresented evidence to the court and I proved it. Now I have summary judgment on that part of my case. Now he's in a world of hurt. I'm sure you know what it means to a cop to be "Brady'd."

"Police officers who have been dishonest are sometimes referred to as "Brady cops. " Because of the Brady ruling, prosecutors are required to notify defendants and their attorneys whenever a law enforcement official involved in their case has a sustained record for knowingly lying in an official capacity"

I think it's going to cost me a hundred grand to take this guy down, but take him down I am, so don't talk to me about cops.

I don't recall ever sayin' anything derogatory about your situation...

Never heard of the "Brady" thing, must be above my pay grade...it sounds like an attorney thing...and you can't possibly know how little I care about it or attorneys.

I wish you well.

I don't recall ever sayin' anything derogatory about your situation...

Never heard of the "Brady" thing, must be above my pay grade...it sounds like an attorney thing...and you can't possibly know how little I care about it or attorneys.

I wish you well.

Thanks. I'm sure you're one of the good guys.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top