JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The bills that passed this morning were:

AB 1663: will expand the assault weapons ban to include semi-automatic centerfire rifles capable of accepting detachable magazines, including ALL "Bullet Button" or mag-locked firearms, as well as many curio and relics like the M1 Carbine and other similar firearms.

AB 1664: will ban all semi-automatic rifles that are equipped with a bullet button or other mag-locking device.

AB 1674: will make it a crime to attempt to purchase more than one firearm of any type within a 30-day period and delete the private party transaction exemption to the 30-day prohibition.

Oregon can look forward to this in the upcoming years if we do not show resistance in Salem,
its not just enough to throw money at lobbies,we must get involved locally in our communities.
State wide we are failing so get involved locally .

Good news is that makes the "bullet button" obsolete. Now owners can scrap those and install a standard magazine release without any legal difference either way.

Sounds like fixed-mag clip-fed (Garand) is still legal under this law - does anyone make a 30 round en bloc clip? Maybe someone will invent a clip-fed "Cali-legal" AR?

The bills that passed this morning were:

AB 1663: will expand the assault weapons ban to include semi-automatic centerfire rifles capable of accepting detachable magazines, including ALL "Bullet Button" or mag-locked firearms, as well as many curio and relics like the M1 Carbine and other similar firearms.

AB 1664: will ban all semi-automatic rifles that are equipped with a bullet button or other mag-locking device.

AB 1674: will make it a crime to attempt to purchase more than one firearm of any type within a 30-day period and delete the private party transaction exemption to the 30-day prohibition.

Oregon can look forward to this in the upcoming years if we do not show resistance in Salem,
its not just enough to throw money at lobbies,we must get involved locally in our communities.
State wide we are failing so get involved locally .
Saddle up for next year....

But first we need to sweep the trash out of the Capital in Salem!!!!!

It's like some damn psychotic bad dream, one we can't wake up from.

I hope someone with the means and the balls is planning to sue those ba$tards. WTF ate the voters in Cali thinking???!!!
Decades of voting the incumbents back in get you these kind of ruler/serf relationships...

Oregon is on the same path unless we shake things up drastically

Last Edited:
Decades of voting the encumbrances back in get you these kind of ruler/serf relationships...

Oregon is on the same path unless we shake things up drastically

I meet a lot of like minded people such as ourselves that really just want the government to stay out of our business. Are we really in the minority? Or is it that too many sit out the elections and let Portland and Eugene make all the decisions for us? I hope the people that really care about their rights and freedom, and not about a bunch of government handouts, get off their collective a$$es and get involved this year. Otherwise 2017 will be a very, very bad year for gun owners in Oregon. We stand at the precipice...

etrain, the issue is exactly as Romney pointed out 4 years ago, the balance of those paying the bills v. Those living off the government has shifted...

There's more takers than givers... Until the handouts are reduced and/or eliminated, then we will continue to be in this situation.

Or we must force a change in how people are qualified to vote. If you pay no real estate or earning taxes, real taxes the government keeps, not including refunds, then you get no vote.

You pay real taxes, you get a real vote, as a member of the board of directors that pays the bills... Simple...

It's like some damn psychotic bad dream, one we can't wake up from.

I hope someone with the means and the balls is planning to sue those ba$tards. WTF ate the voters in Cali thinking???!!!

One of the major problems in CA is that many of the gun owners shoot themselves in the foot by voting for the exact same people that they know are trying to take their rights away. They almost always justify this by saying "well, look what the [other party] did.... Reagan gave us the Mulford Act and Schwarzenegger gave us microstamping and the lead ammo ban. Blah blah blah"

The only bright side is that these are not law, at least not yet, so there's still a very small chance that all or most won't become law.

Firearms Policy Coalition said:
They are now heading to the Appropriations committee and we need all the support we can get to beat them.
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/aler...afety-committee-passes-3-of-4-anti-gun-bills/

Knowing Gov Moonbeam and what he's done in the past, he will sign two and veto one.

Ray

One of the major problems in CA is that many of the gun owners shoot themselves in the foot by voting for the exact same people that they know are trying to take their rights away.

A feature of governance. When you vote for human beings, rather than on ballot measures, you get a package deal. Worse, it is usually a lying, snivelling, bought-and-paid-for package deal.

"A professional politician is a professionally dishonorable man. In order to get anywhere near high office he has to make so many compromises and submit to so many humiliations that he becomes indistinguishable from a streetwalker."
-- H. L. Mencken

Or we must force a change in how people are qualified to vote. If you pay no real estate or earning taxes, real taxes the government keeps, not including refunds, then you get no vote.

You pay real taxes, you get a real vote, as a member of the board of directors that pays the bills... Simple...

An interesting thought, one I've considered myself, but there is no way a rule like that would ever be put into effect. Too many 'disenfranchised' voters would be left out and the lawyers would have a field day with that.

Seriously? They are not even trying to hide the fact that they're out to take everybody's guns. :mad:

So only the criminals will have guns in the end I guess. I lived in California for 30 years before I moved out. I really do not miss California but I still have family there so I still go down there sometimes.

So only the criminals will have guns in the end I guess. I lived in California for 30 years before I moved out. I really do not miss California but I still have family there so I still go down there sometimes.
Yeah, I guess your right. They can't all believe these laws will prevent criminals from harming anyone. I hope...

So, any Californians on the forum? Does anyone still own ARs/AKs? in Cali? Will you sell the suddenly illegal or hit the ignore button on the junk coming out of the Sacred Tomato? I am very curious what the tone among the 2A supporters?

Brutus Out

etrain, the issue is exactly as Romney pointed out 4 years ago, the balance of those paying the bills v. Those living off the government has shifted...

There's more takers than givers... Until the handouts are reduced and/or eliminated, then we will continue to be in this situation.

So only people with money would get to vote? That sound like the perfect way to get the Boomberg's and Koch's out of politics. Yeah good idea! :s0125:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top