JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, if they 'delay' and 'hang things up' then they wont accomplish reversing it.
No, they block the injunction. That's why Benitez stopped Freedom Week in 2019. He saw the end around the DOJ was going to try so he blocked them by reinstating the ban.
Look, lawsuits were filed as far back as 1990 regarding AW bans and it took over 30 years to get a favorable decision. The state of California is expert at dragging things out. They have the time and the money.
If Judge Benitez has an ace up his sleeve that will beat the CA DOJ then great! I will be ecstatic, but I lived through 3 decades of frustration down there. I am not popping any champagne corks yet.

Please read the CRPA analysis I linked a couple posts up. It really is informative.

I notice the Judge who declared Cali's assault weapon ban unConstitutional also left 30 days so the State could appeal the decision before it can actually take place

Because he knew that his ruling was guaranteed to be stayed upon appeal, and was avoiding the mess it would cause to have them legal for a short period, then illegal again.

No, they block the injunction. That's why Benitez stopped Freedom Week in 2019. He saw the end around the DOJ was going to try so he blocked them by reinstating the ban.
Look, lawsuits were filed as far back as 1990 regarding AW bans and it took over 30 years to get a favorable decision. The state of California is expert at dragging things out. They have the time and the money.
If Judge Benitez has an ace up his sleeve that will beat the CA DOJ then great! I will be ecstatic, but I lived through 3 decades of frustration down there. I am not popping any champagne corks yet.

Please read the CRPA analysis I linked a couple posts up. It really is informative.
Great explanation and commentary. My buddies down in CA were so stoked with freedom week.. "this is the start to something bigger! Soon I will be able to take the LGBT button off my AR!" 160 hours later it was gone with the wind. Please don't put any stock into this

With him issuing a stay to his order I believe this prevents the government for issuing an "emergency stay" and halting progress immediately.

by giving 30days they now have to slog through the standard legal process and submit the proper paperwork to do so and this gets it to a higher court quicker. otherwise they could loligag around.

that's said the ultimate goal I believe is to get this to SCOTUS, if the 9th was smart they may take the L so as not to have the chance that it would be used for precedence, however this lawsuit from the start seems to have been geared for a scotus hearing

With him issuing a stay to his order I believe this prevents the government for issuing an "emergency stay" and halting progress immediately.

by giving 30days they now have to slog through the standard legal process and submit the proper paperwork to do so and this gets it to a higher court quicker. otherwise they could loligag around.

that's said the ultimate goal I believe is to get this to SCOTUS, if the 9th was smart they may take the L so as not to have the chance that it would be used for precedence, however this lawsuit from the start seems to have been geared for a scotus hearing
SCOTUS needs to stop being cowards and needs to end this type of infringement into the intent of the 2A once and for all. This Country's citizens and their militias should have the right to keep and bear arms that are identical to the arms of the domestic forces that may be brought to bear upon them. It's that simple.

Last Edited:
Governor can't override the courts, a higher court could, and probably will, then it may go to the SCOTUS
Is this ^^ Deja vu all over again? And the Supremes' will refuse to hear it. Again?
SCOTUS needs to stop being cowards and needs to stop this type of infringement into the intent of the 2A once and for all. This Country's citizens and their militias should have the right to keep and bear arms that are identical to the arms of the domestic forces that may be brought to bear upon them. It's that simple.
That's just your opinion. And a lot of us gun owners opinions. But those word sound hella scary to millions of Americans that have been constantly spoon fed by the anti 2nd Amendment media and dems for many years.

My fear is that The Supreme Court has been tainted by the filthy politics that have been running rampant for the last 6 years.

I'll hope, but won't hold my breath. :(

Is this ^^ Deja vu all over again? And the Supremes' will refuse to hear it. Again?

That's just your opinion. And a lot of us gun owners opinions. But those word sound hella scary to millions of Americans that have been constantly spoon fed by the anti 2nd Amendment media and dems for many years.

My fear is that The Supreme Court has been tainted by the filthy politics that have been running rampant for the last 6 years.

I'll hope, but won't hold my breath. :(
Of course it's my opinion. That's what internet forums are for. ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top