JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since I moved here I have donated a lot of money to pro 2A groups, voted against all anti-gun ballot measures, volunteered my time for pro-2A/pro life candidates, and not had any traffic accidents. I guess I should move back to CA (which is not my home state anyway).
I moved here from San Diego in 1980. And I make anti-Calif comments myself. It's those "other" Calis that are not on this website that one would have to admit, cause problems and unwanted changes for the rest of us. I've seen the changes just since 1980. Tho I would have to say that it's not just Calis, there's too many Easterners too. And Mid-West'ers.

God bless a bunch of Southern Rednecks tho!!! We could really use more Bubbas and Confederate flags.

;)

You know, I can't help it, for some reason I feel the same way!
They are a lot more fun to hang with.... shine, cheap beer (Stroh's), hound dogs, and lots of rootin tootin can shootin!! And everbody's first name is two names.... Billybob, Jimmybob, Raelitamae, Daisymae, Bobbijean, etc. ;)

Really GOOD news from CA.

Aloha, Mark
Only took three decades..

I moved here from San Diego in 1980. And I make anti-Calif comments myself. It's those "other" Calis that are not on this website that one would have to admit, cause problems and unwanted changes for the rest of us. I've seen the changes just since 1980. Tho I would have to say that it's not just Calis, there's too many Easterners too. And Mid-West'ers.

God bless a bunch of Southern Rednecks tho!!! We could really use more Bubbas and Confederate flags.

;)
All the good ones get here, look around for a year or two and are like F this ish. And bail. They typically don't tolerate the state politics and don't hesitate to bail.
I think the rest of us need to be more proactive like that. I love this state. I hate the stereotypical people and politics. The traffic is nail in the coffin.
I love the outdoors and scenery though. Having a major port is really nice. But i think its time its all worth giving it up for brown scenery and good people and less traffic.

Last Edited:
I love Oregon, I have lived here all my life and its the most beautiful state I have ever been in. I will die here and be buried with the generations of family that has died before me.

I just really wish we could have gone on with the states greatness before the communist took it over. Oregon used to be a great place to raise a family.

I guess its up to the next generation to take Oregon back, if they can true the vote.
If that whole greater Oregon thing miraculously makes it. I will definitely move there 100%. I wish eastern WA would join as well. Its the exact same problem here ZERO representation.

You never know what really moves the courts but here is a little tidbit of news that may be part of the new thinking.

"State-to-state migration data recently released by the Internal Revenue Service shows that California lost an estimated net 70,534 households—or 165,355 taxpayers and their dependents—in years 2017-2018, with those fleeing taking around $8.8 billion in net adjusted gross income with them.

Interstate migration flows are influenced by a number of factors, including retirement, job opportunities, and housing costs. Brandon Ristoff, a policy analyst with the California Policy Center, told Center Square that the flight of billions of dollars from California is driven by the state's "bad policies on the economy, education and more."
Thats cause they all came to Oregon,now you know what kind of chance we stand with any of this stupidity!

saint benitez.jpg

The contents of this post are not credible or believeable, are dangerous for democracy and about partisan politics more than gun rights. Please put on your tin foil hat if you need to before you type.
The United States of America is a constitutional republic, the purpose being so that our rights are not violated by the majority of a democracy, no matter how slim or questionable. I believe that one of the primary objectives of the 2nd Amendment is to protect the 1st. I would question the commitment to the 2nd Amendment of those who appear to restrict the 1st. My hat's made of lead - with a copper jacket.

Sir, can you please tell me what constitutes an 'assault weapon'?

I believe that is not my decision; it is for Congress to decide, and my job is to enforce their decision

Congresswoman, can you describe an 'assault weapon'....well, it has a barrel shroud...it's the thing that goes up. And like my friend says, it hasabilitee to shoot 30roundmagazineclips faster that the speed of light.

The United States of America is a constitutional republic, the purpose being so that our rights are not violated by the majority of a democracy, no matter how slim or questionable. I believe that one of the primary objectives of the 2nd Amendment is to protect the 1st. I would question the commitment to the 2nd Amendment of those who appear to restrict the 1st. My hat's made of lead - with a copper jacket.
I find no fault with your thinking but want to add that the 2nd Amendment wasn't just an enumerated right but a restriction on government that they may not infringe on that right. We have constant infringement on the 2nd so it obvious none of our rights are safe.

Last Edited:
Most of the problems with the Kali imports are:
They have money and are affluent enough to cash in on their super duper over inflated property(s) in Kali, they then come here for various reasons and bring all that fake money and fake affluence with them, and that generally means they also have a very liberal mind set, and means they are going to also vote liberal, which in this state, means following the Democrats way of thinking! To them, taxes are a good thing, taxes pay for things weather or not we actually need them, and they like their luxuries, as long as they are taxed to pay for them! The "California Mindset" is a very real thing, it's almost a sickness, one that cannot be cured! This mindset is what has caused the most trouble here! Those Californians who don't have big bucks and the liberal mindset that usually comes with all that money, generally discover how phucked up other areas are, and eventually move to the Red areas that they can better relate to!
Speaking strictly about kali gun laws , they are a failure not just because the laws don't work but the system of government is a failure. I have read many stories of the kali governments failure in crime control and now they even have maps telling where the feces piles are in the streets.

Of course folks move out of their own hell they make but frankly leaving your home if you put effort into making one is like leaving part of your soul. Not saying they are soulless wanderers because they leave with wealth and start over.

It would be better if they came to join a community but too often they come to change it to their way of thinking. Sarcastically speaking, it worked so well for them. My opinion is you know them by their love of gun control.

I'm old too and having lived amongst the heathen for as long as I have, I have zero desire for any further contact with them. I had to deal with them on the job (teacher) and learned that reason, logic and facts were always trumped by feeling. So I took an attitude of if I'm not getting paid to deal with them I won't.
I get it, I even identify with the action at times. Being around some folks is like oregons weather, seasonal but you never know when a rainstorm will pee down your neck. Looks like you have sense enough to come in out of the rain. :D

Trump did get some better black robes on that court
Are they really any better? Scalia was the only Justice with any personal interest in firearm in many decades, as far as I know.

Gorsuch's mom's family comes from fairly rural NE Colorado, I think, so maybe her family is into guns, but did he ever go there much? I know he and Kavanaugh went to a fancy boarding school right outside of DC, Georgetown Prep, together, so in the absence of any info to the contrary, I doubt he spent a lot of time hunting ducks along the Platte River.

Most of the R-appointed Supremes seem to think gun owners are as weird as the D-appointees do. Their lack of interest in offering a full-throated defense of the 2A speaks volumes.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads