JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was going there a lot right after the Tualatin store opened and was closely watching the subcompacts for myself. As the first Xmas approached for that location I noticed that they raised the prices on most of their handguns $40-$75. I took that as total disrespect and now avoid major purchases from them. I like the store but it's not okay.

Last Edited:
They are consistently $8-$10+ over priced on nearly every item. Bi mart and even sportsmans wharehouse have better deals.

For me, Cabelas is good for the cheap brass cased Herters ammo
(357 and 270 especially) and their occasional sales on various items.

I walked into cabelas once. Stood at the gun counter for almost 15 minutes without so much as a hello.

I left.

I walked into cabelas once. Stood at the gun counter for almost 15 minutes without so much as a hello.

I left.
Did you stare them down like this? :D

serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.fanpop.com%2Fimages%2Fpolls%2F3639_2_full.jpg

Cabelas has that discount ammo rack that I keep an eye on. I can sometimes get 50 count Herters .45 ACP boxes for $16 (and sometimes even less). That's 32¢ per round. I usually snag at least 10 boxes. They also have specials on clothing, and a big selection of boots/shoes. Overall I like Cabelas.

Here's the trick price match. there are quite a few big discounted retailers in Washington especially ammo. Best deals can be had at cabelas because they match and don't charge shipping. Don't think I have ever bought anything there without them price matching

I left.
A couple weeks ago I went in and returned a scope. Went to the optics counter and grabbed a number because thankfully they had 1 Vortex Strike Eagle in stock that I wanted. I watched as they disregarded the ticket process and just helped every mossy oak bumpkin that approached the counter. I tried to get the attention of the 3 guys working the section and kept getting ignored. The little security RAT kept spying on me for the 1 hour I waited. I finally had an older employee come out from the back and ask if i've been helped. I replied "nope, not for the past hour and 15 minutes now since I took a number and got ignored". He did not look too happy. He actually gathered the employees in the section and pointed out that I had been waiting for a long time. They all gave me the stink eye like I had kicked their dying grandmothers. Turns out this guy was THE manager of the Washington stores. He brought all three over, pointed out the ticket reader on the wall, and asked why I had been waiting so long. They replied that they called the number. My number was 54, the counter was on 53. He proceeded to help me out with the others watching, asked if there was anything else he could do. I said nope. He then handed my scope to one of the salesmen and told him to walk with us to the register, and watch as he gives me 20% off. Now that is what I call an awesome manager. I've noticed if you are under 40, and or do not wear mossy oak in the store, then you get ignored quite often. I'll still go back just so I can show face to the bubblegum's that probably got the bubblegum chewing of a lifetime for making me wait, and making the store look bad.

I was told that Cabalas didn't price match on ammo, did they change that? IF so, there is a Ton of .338LM ammo down there and if they will price match I'm gonna go buy them out of it!!!

I have had them price match ammo many times. They had a manager approve it last time as it was a $5 difference per box but they did it. It is within 100miles though

I do not, and have no plans to ever, buy a gun from Cabela's. That said - their fishing tackle, esp. their house brand stuff, is great. They have rod offerings you cannot get anywhere else for the quality and price. Every so often their gun accessories are also great. I watch for mags to go on sale, because they regularly have Blackhawk steel AR mags go on sale for $7 each. I think I'm upto something like 40 mags for my AR's at this point :rolleyes:

I will say they had a good price on a Sig P250 that was brand new last time I was in there, I think it was less than $400 for the compact 9mm.

I'm a disabled vet in a wheelchair and the last time I went to the Tualatin store I tried to get the guy at the counter to let me take a look at a VP9,he totally ignored me and even when he asked my girlfriend if he could help her and she said that I would like help,he walked away.too bad for cabelas,because I had 2grand in my pocket.I won't be going back.I guess I'll do business with Sportsmans Warehouse,they have better prices,the staff is friendly and they give a veterans discount.

Thats one thing about Cabelas I always find annoying, the number tickets and the staff walking around with heads in a cloud. You have to take a number and then wait to be called, even if there is no one else waiting for help!
Bob1259, that sucks big time, I would take your business else where, plenty of other gun shops that give a sh!t about customers and VETS in particular. Don't stress over it, Cabelas is going to find it's self in trouble soon enough!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top