JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Everyone knows that cabelas is expensive, and the only time worth shopping there is when they have a sale going on.

Went in this morning(9-16) and see that they have a huge sale gong on. Additional %10 off all instock firearms caught my eye, so I head down to the gun library to check out what they have. When I got to the gun llibrary there is a sign saying %10 off used firearms so I'm thinking %20 off all together WOOOHOOOO! A woman asked " Do you want a coupon? additional %10 off firearms" I'm like sure! Oh hey can I take a look at this gun? Checked it out and said " I'll take it". My name gets called, he gives me a total, I pull out the coupon, he looks at me weird and says "That coupon isn't going to work." I asked "Can you scan it anyway to see if it works?" Him- "I'll have to ask someone I'll be back." I saw him talk to several people, and came back and said "It already has a %10 off we can't stack another %10." Me - "Coupon says take an ADDITIONAL %10 off all firearms what part of ADDITIONAL don't you understand? Anyway, we go back and forth arguing about the coupon, I just told him I don't want the gun anymore and went on my way.

If the coupon doesn't work on used guns, why the heck did they put the friggen coupons/advertisement in used section? Disclaimer says nothing about used guns. I swear the management makes crap up as they go...

Sorry, just had to vent...

im sorry about your luck!!! i just dont see why they care. about a year ago, i bought a CMC 3.5lb flat trigger at cabelas. noticed it was missing the anti walk pins (someone opened it and stole them). i brought it to their attention at the gun counter and that theoretically, i shouldnt have to pay full price for not a partial package and requested a discount. the guy said well i guess i'll just take it from you then and we'll have to mark it for the bargain cave. i said "ok how long will that take?" " well, im not sure" "ok just give it to me and i'll go buy it." i walked up to the register (i may have profiled the cashiers a little bit by going to someone who i thought didnt know much and really didnt give a F...;)) pled my case, they got a manager. he offered to reduce the price to $150 from $200. i bought it no questions asked. my point is... it never hurts to ask.

im sorry about your luck!!! i just dont see why they care. about a year ago, i bought a CMC 3.5lb flat trigger at cabelas. noticed it was missing the anti walk pins (someone opened it and stole them). i brought it to their attention at the gun counter and that theoretically, i shouldnt have to pay full price for not a partial package and requested a discount. the guy said well i guess i'll just take it from you then and we'll have to mark it for the bargain cave. i said "ok how long will that take?" " well, im not sure" "ok just give it to me and i'll go buy it." i walked up to the register (i may have profiled the cashiers a little bit by going to someone who i thought didnt know much and really didnt give a F...;)) pled my case, they got a manager. he offered to reduce the price to $150 from $200. i bought it no questions asked. my point is... it never hurts to ask.

About 3 weeks ago I bought a pistol that was on sale. I pulled out 2 coupons, (Btw same mfer that helped me today:mad:) he said that it wasn't going to work but he tried anyway. Guess what it worked. I know for a fact that if he scanned the coupon today, it would've worked I asked if he could scan the coupon, and he refused to...

I know right, its not like he's losing his own money. Just do your job...

I've only purchased one piece from Cabelas. And when I walked in they lady handed me a coupon for I think 15% off. I was surprised as I was planning on paying their asking price. It worked no problem and I saved a few bucks. I will admit that I don't usually go there to look at firearms.

The nice lady at the checkout scanned her card for me so I would save 15% of my order.

Yep, just putting this one together now in my mind....It did save me $100+. Let's just call it a win/win.

Hard to imagine a sale of $5.5 billion!!! Too soon to know if the Cabelas name will go and stores will close. At least around here there aren't neighboring stores. We live in interesting times!

Last Edited:
I've purchased several firearms there, all below advertised price. You just have to ask what the bottom dollar price the computer says. I got my never fired 460v for under $1,000 because I asked.

Unrelated but I tell you a crazy Cabelas story.

Around Christmas on here I saw a Slickguns add for Plano 56qt gear boxes for $9.95 with $5 shipping.

I ordered 14 of them, so it was roughly $140 with $5 to ship the entire order.

They showed up today, each in a three square foot box (way oversized). 14 of them damn near filled the UPS truck. The pile in front of the shop was 9' tall and 12 feet long (stacked three high). A damn mountain.

I look at the label and they shipped them all 2nd day air

And charged me $5

The actual shipping had to cost three times what the order did.

I was flabbergasted

Yes there are horror stories about Cabela's but I won't stop shopping there. I bought 1k rds of 762x39 for around $180 not crazy cheap but not bad...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top