JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another vote here for discount stacking and discounted gift cards. By the time I finish stacking, using price matching, points and discounted cards... :D A few times (in the past) I've found deals in the library that were far too good to pass up. Sometimes you have to wonder, do they sometimes put a stupid low price on something just to see if anyone's paying attention? :s0125:

As far as general shopping, um no thanks.

Edit: And who was the "Road Scholar" that did away with the bargain cave. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I feel the same as the OP, cabelas meh.
Used to do something for me, but the prices, the guns are ok, I never really see anything worth my time, never once put my self through the pain of the cabelas gun check out process, but watched a friend I took take 4hrs. I left an hour into the ordeal and ran errands while I waited, he said he'd never do it again and they couldn't explain why it took so long. My kids love to see the fish and my son learned to say fish there, but its really lost what it once had.

I have never had a problem with them before, and stood up for them regularly, but I just had an experience that left a sour taste. Got a hair up my a$$ and decided I NEEDED a Remington 94 right now, at 7PM, and remembered seeing some for a decent price at Cabela's in the Gun Library. The actions were all locked, and when I asked him to unlock them so I could look at the shell lifter condition, he said that their policy won't allow him to unlock the action. I told him I just wanted to check it out before buying, and he told me "can't be done", "gotta buy it as is". I asked about their no return policy now, and he told me I had to "take a chance". I then told him I had cash and he just lost a sure sale, he just said "oh well", and walked away. :mad:

Cabelas is ok but I'm not a a fan any more. Good selection on certain things like ammo and outdoor wear, but for a lot of items their prices are always higher than I can find elsewhere. Plus occasionally their gun counter manners were severely lacking. I assume they were worn out from the number of people asking them questions every day.

Lack of attention to detail. They have ammo on sale (Remington defense) and note there is a rebate. Their site says the rebate is through July. What they don't say (you have to click on the link to get to Remington's site) is that the rebate offer does not begin until Wednesday, but the sale started last week.

Bought my first gun there in a while (price was good on a gun I was looking for actively) and to my amazement, the damn trigger lock thingy they refuse to take off was still on the gun when I got home.... WTF........ Am I allowed to try my darn trigger yet Cabelas, or do I need to seek management approval?? Little frustrated by the policies, but I digress....I got what I feel was a good deal

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top