JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello fine men & women of NWF I was browsing Cabelas in Post Falls, ID today and all of the shelves used for ammo were removed :eek: Talked with an employee, she said that the demand was too high for the supply and it was pointless to keep empty shelves that took up space.

She also mentioned that any ammo they receive will be used in firearm purchases because they had a hard time keeping ammo in stock for that purpose and when the manufacturers get caught up with production they will put it out again.

This was a shock to me when I first saw they replaced the area with 5.11 displays and clothing. All in all got kind of confused if it was moved it to keep us guessing haha. Made me wonder do they know something is coming that we did not.. But this thread is not for conspiracy theories o_O

Last Edited:
Welcome.

Where have you been the last 6 months? Seriously wondering because this is not new.

Well, it makes sense. It sucks to buy a gun and not be able to shoot it this will increase their gun sales and give noobs ammo to shoot with their new purchase. I think it's fair. They were pretty expensive anyway compared to Bi-mart.

That's because empty shelves look bad and are a waste of space. If they don't have ammo to put on them then use those shelves to sell something else.
Stores with empty shelves make folks wonder if the store is going under.

Haha I understand how ammo sacristy is right now @Dyjital. Back before all this crazyness I would grab a box or too if it was available @Yotehunt. I did not go there expecting to buy ammo just something I observed when getting candles for the ol'lady they got some damn good candles btw and was curious just never seen them take out shelves because ammo shortage.

Well, it makes sense. It sucks to buy a gun and not be able to shoot it this will increase their gun sales and give noobs ammo to shoot with their new purchase. I think it's fair. They were pretty expensive anyway compared to Bi-mart.

Exactly what I was thinking I understand why they do it bummer if you buy a rifle and cant shoot. Helps out those poor bastards getting into the game late.

Haha I understand how ammo sacristy is right now @Dyjital.
I get it.
I was on a zoom meeting for an unrelated topic and one of the members is management with cabelas. This person mentioned that when ammo comes in, it must be all put out at once and they cannot stagger it throughout the day. One shop actually got nailed by corporate for doing that.

I get it.
I was on a zoom meeting for an unrelated topic and one of the members is management with cabelas. This person mentioned that when ammo comes in, it must be all put out at once and they cannot stagger it throughout the day. One shop actually got nailed by corporate for doing that.

Very interesting I do not doubt you could get nailed for that. Couple people at a local pawn shop here in town that has a sweet gun counter was letting people know when they got ammo and putting it aside before it was out on the floor they got canned.

I was at Tigard Walmart Sunday standing in front of the Ammo case they had 2 bricks of.22 The clerks were busy because they have a register there. The clerk that was there never asked me if I needed anything thing even though he saw me standing there. I was waiting for him to finish with other customers then another employee comes and right there in front of me ignores the fact that I am standing right there looking at the 2 bricks in the otherwise empty case. the employee opens the case and hands both to the other employee not saying a word to me literally less than 2 feet away from me like I was not there, who then buys the ammo. I was not that interested in the ammo so I just watched how it played out. I was just surprised how I was ignored by the 2 employees for the sale to an employee. Not a big deal but interesting.

Last Edited:
Wow that's rediclous @eldbillbo I know you were not interested in the ammo but what a kick to the jangles watching that happen some people I tell ya!
:s0002:

Like my father always said "there are enough mouth breathers in the world we don't need another"

Wow that's rediclous @eldbillbo I know you were not interested in the ammo but what a kick to the jangles watching that happen some people I tell ya!
:s0002:

Like my father always said "there are enough mouth breathers in the world we don't need another"

It was one of those is this really happening moments. Kind of like sitting through a really bad movie just to see how it ends.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top