JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Less than two months to go of being able to use my C&R, sigh.

The one C&R item I don't have (in the affordable range) and would like to acquire is a Mosin. If you were to buy one, which model would it be and why? Follow up question: what would be the second Mosin you'd buy? :)

I'm looking for a shooter (or shooters), but history geek value is definitely appreciated. Not looking to get into modifications and such, I prefer to shoot C&R pieces as their creators intended.

This just reminds me that I'm losing my C&R ability without ever having used it (damn Prozanski SOB MF).

I'm with ZA, one of each would be nice - I would get them in this order: M44, M91/30, M38, just my personal preference. One thing about the 38's, every single one I've seen have been beat to hell - they seem to be the most heavily used of the models.

Last week, I saw a guy here on the forum with 5 for sale - 3 91/30's and 2 83's - not sure if the listing is still there, but it's worth a look.

Seriously, don't wait. I remember just less than 10 years ago Big 5 had them for less than $80 and I didn't move then. Now they supply is drying up . The best quality refurbs have already been in circulation for years and Classic has upped the price on crates $1000. Sure, 20 million were made but thanks to the trade sanctions what is left have to go out by a circuitous route and ISIS militia are still using them as well. The time is now because the price is only going up and fake Finn captures are now in the system. The President has sold more Mosin Nagants in the last 8 years than have been sold in the previous 50.

M38! Mine was beat to hell, battle-scarred, counter-bored, mismatched... but of the dozen or so Mosins of several variety I've had personal experience with, only my nephew's hex receiver 91/30 sniper is smoother and more accurate...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews