JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been a C&R license holder for several years now but have yet to take advantage of it. Now that I want to finally use it, I'll be damned it I can find the paperwork. Moves, Fires, Pandemic, Life, and general lack of organization have all taken it's toll. Any idea if there is an online source to get paperwork replaced or reprinted (or at least get my license #)?...

I'd go to the ATF website and go from there.
I let mine expire since Kate the Ho made them useless. Her background checks through FFL's negated the whole point. :mad:

Another source may be the CLEO of your local area where you applied for your license as you were supposed to send them a copy of your application to the ATF. I would not mention previous moves which are a little disconcerting as you were to update your license with them as soon as that happened along with the local Po Po.
Bear in mind, if you discontinue upholding your license status, the ATF expects you to package and send them, ALL your records within 30 days of the discontinuance of your business as so noted on the reissue application.
Even though much of doing business with the ATF (even for an O3) seems tongue and cheek when there are no complications, you'll do well to endeavor rule following and record keeping a tad more professionally.
Like most govt. agencies, the ATF has no sense of humor, totally by the book as they see it, and right or wrong, will never admit culpability, and will always make the citizen the fall guy..

Bear in mind, if you discontinue upholding your license status, the ATF expects you to package and send them, ALL your records within 30 days of the discontinuance of your business as so noted on the reissue application.

You are not required to turn in your records for the C&R FFL

You are not required to turn in your records for the C&R FFL
And so it says, in print so small it looked like the rest of the dotted line to me on my form! Thanks for the correction.

C&R licensees are, however, required to retain their records for 20 years.

I see this for out of business records (FFL) and requirements for retention of form 4473, but nothing for C&R A&D records which we maintain having a C&R. Can you share the reference to this? I still have my records, but wasn't planning on keeping them for 20 years unless required.

1613769389526.png
Jeez, people, you act like there isn't this entire resource of information just floating about that anyone can tap into...

I see this for out of business records (FFL) and requirements for retention of form 4473, but nothing for C&R A&D records which we maintain having a C&R. Can you share the reference to this? I still have my records, but wasn't planning on keeping them for 20 years unless required.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top