JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Feel for you. Wife has had to use on for many years. It's often like trying to sleep next to Darth Vader. :eek:
Lot of times if I really need to get some rest and she comes to bed I have to go in the guest room and lay down for a while.

Check with the appropriate doctor and see if you're a candidate for a mouth guard. The Ex was and she switched from the machine to a mouthguard and it worked just as well and was silent.

I started wearing one last year. Game changer for me. I was blissfully unaware of the severity of my sleep apnea, but after my first night of solid sleep with the machine, I felt completely different. Woke up with so much spring in my step and no sleepiness.

I've had a cpap for about 12 years then was upgraded to a bipap last year. Find a mask that works for you, I used the nose pillows for years but have to use a mask now.

I'll agree though; if you have apnea, you'll sleep much better with one.

@ditchtiger I've had one for years. I don't enjoy it but I feel much better physically and mentally.

Some ramblings that may be helpful:
  • It took me a while to be comfortable wearing the mask. I have a variable-pressure machine, and part of the initial problem was the high setting was too high. I think when I got the machine it was set at 8-20, and after a return visit with the physician it is now 8-12.
  • I got used to sleeping on my side. I don't sleep on my back since that seems to induce apnea events (even when wearing the mask).
  • I initially ordered supplies (e.g. extra masks) from the medical-supply place, and then realized they had terribly-high prices and started ordering from Amazon.
You'll know it is working when you awake feeling more rested and with clear thoughts. :)

So sleep apnea symptoms are exactly the same as low testosterone.

When I did my sleep study there was a 100% chance that I would be getting a CPAP. When it was over? Nada. Passed with flying colors.

My test level was 204. I was trained up at the time, very strong, yet apparently had the test level of a 12 year old girl. After competition season I took a few weeks off lifting, my test level was much lower at 63.

Been on test since 2005 and feel much better. Had to stop competing, because Steroids, but overall in a happier place.

Other major changes were a 60# weight loss and I stopped drinking. Now I sleep like a baby.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads