JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Laws or not... If someone wants something bad enough , they will find a way to get it.
I feel that laws like mandatory background checks for every sale just makes more criminals....
Simply 'cause many folks will still buy . sell and trade to a trusted friend and skip a check.
Andy

I'm sure they wouldn't help a trusted friend carve out 80% receivers, either. :rolleyes:

Laws or not... If someone wants something bad enough , they will find a way to get it.
I feel that laws like mandatory background checks for every sale just makes more criminals....
Simply 'cause many folks will still buy . sell and trade to a trusted friend and skip a check.
Andy

And then that trusted friend sleeps with you wife. And you start to wonder if you can trust the trustee . :D

I would always buy a gun legally. I would rather spend $20 on a transfer fee rather than get a nice $100+ fine and lose any gun I bought or am selling.

I agree.

However, the issue for me isn't about the expenditure for me, it is about the fact that the state now has my name, and a record of exactly what I bought, right down to the type of firearm and serial number. Until I retire and move out of Orygun to a "free" state (if there is still one at that point) I will have no defense against any confiscation/registration efforts if/when Orygun follows California in further firearm restriction laws.

With private sales in a "free" state, I have plausible deniability as to any firearm I buy, whether on a 4473 or not, as to saying that I later sold it privately and therefore no longer have the firearm, because there is no record of private sales. In Orygun they have me on record - if I claim to have sold the firearm without it being in the system, then they can prosecute me. They could even delete the records and then claim I sold it illegal because they have no record of the legal sale (unlikely, but possible).

As I have said before, this system is not about background checks, it is about having a record of who has what so the government can later enact confiscation/registration laws. They are in it for the long run - just look at Calif. to see where we are going.

It would be nice if a valid CPL / CHL negated a BGC ....
As for the BGC law ... I do not like to be "punished" or held accountable for other's wrong doing or a "What might happen if I sell my gun to whoever..."
Andy

Totally agree, and i love how the antis get to override/force there will onto us law abiding citizens.

Sb797 was totally opposed by so many people. I was there and remember the looooong line of everyone who was so against it and waited to get into the court house to argue your opinion only to be ignored.

Firearm laws " NEVER " grant more rights to legal gun owners is the way I look at it its been that way along time and gun lobbies have never figured this out and go about playing defense rather then offense why ? I have no idea. the passiveness of Gun lobbies the last 30 years is pretty funny as they basically had majority and rather then secure anything they played defense now that they have lost the majority they are forced to play defense.
These laws to buy and sell accomplish nothing at all , never have never will but we still get to sit on our hands
and think we make a difference.
o_O

I agree.

However, the issue for me isn't about the expenditure for me, it is about the fact that the state now has my name, and a record of exactly what I bought, right down to the type of firearm and serial number. Until I retire and move out of Orygun to a "free" state (if there is still one at that point) I will have no defense against any confiscation/registration efforts if/when Orygun follows California in further firearm restriction laws.

As I have said before, this system is not about background checks, it is about having a record of who has what so the government can later enact confiscation/registration laws. They are in it for the long run - just look at Calif. to see where we are going.

Yeah. Tough, eh? :rolleyes:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/511189/Ei_-_Form_201.pdf

Welcome to what it's like in the rest of the world.

tac

But that's the thing tac, America is not like the rest of the world. America was borne of people that were fed up with British rulers and the like, that's why they fled to the new world.
Now the (British rule in sheep's clothing) anti gun & anti-constitutional zealots here are trying to change America into the rest of the world (failed government rule) that helps no one BUT the rulers.

If we, as citizens are okay with being ruled by the government then we have in fact been changed & will accept it as good. SHEEP!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
NOT ME, I'm gonna fight em tooth & nail.:s0124:

There's no place in there to post the results of your proctological exam. Is that a separate form? :rolleyes:

Shoot, I just NOO I'd left something out......

On a serious note, what you have to go through to actually REACH the point where you can actually APPLY for a firearm certificate is the subject of a very long post by me a couple of years back.

tac

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top