JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_1553.jpeg

I guarantee ya this is ALL about the rich beootch Catalina Islanders who can't have their pretty little gardens and plants because the deer are eating them up.

Trust me - I hear this ALL THE TIME from the same city 'boys and girls' who are moving into rural areas around where I live.

The general opinion is the deer have no 'rights' and should be removed by any means necessary. I have heard of some (not verified) reports of people 'removing' them on their own (yes poaching).

Not only deer but other animals as well. There are people daily who are looking for poisons, traps, etc. to catch and eliminate ANY animals, with no regard if it is illegal, the animals protected etc.

The funny part is a LOT of these people seem to be dems, ya know, supposedly concerned about the 'environment' but when it come to THEIR homes all the indigenous creatures have to go.

Buncha guddummed hypocritical self righteous POS Karens and Kens with no regard for the environment, just kill it all so they don't have to deal with it.

From the article (emphasis mine):
The problem is that Catalina's semi-arid land is no match for the roughly 2,000 deer, who are competing for a diminishing amount of vegetation, a situation exacerbated by the climate crisis.

Oh, FFS! Can we please let this CC shiit go in the dustbin where it phuq'n belongs? Why - why - is Every. Goddamned. Thing. a phuq'n climate change problem?
bubblegum me... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
It's no different how over the past few years it seems like everybody wants to 'spray' everything to control weeds and other invasive plants.

These same people have no regard for the potential health issues with chemicals, just 'spray' whatever it takes to control it, eliminate it whatever, they do not care.

I am not talking about a quart of Round up you might use around your driveway but several hundred gallon, large scale operations around large properties.

I know a guy who used to work as a 'sprayer' for a company in Bend and would tell me stories about his experiences with people and their attitudes about spraying and weed and other plant control.

He no longer does it.

Last Edited:
Deer populations rise and fall for various reasons.
In any event , if you have lawn , chances are there are things in that deer like to eat.
Get over it.

A deer herd reduction tied in with processing the meat and giving it to the local food bank , homeless shelters , battered women shelters and the like would make sense to me at least.
Andy

I guarantee ya this is ALL about the rich beootch Catalina Islanders who can't have their pretty little gardens and plants because the deer are eating them up.

Trust me - I hear this ALL THE TIME from the same city 'boys and girls' who are moving into rural areas around where I live.

The general opinion is the deer have no 'rights' and should be removed by any means necessary. I have heard of some (not verified) reports of people 'removing' them on their own (yes poaching).

Not only deer but other animals as well. There are people daily who are looking for poisons, traps, etc. to catch and eliminate ANY animals, with no regard if it is illegal, the animals protected etc.

The funny part is a LOT of these people seem to be dems, ya know, supposedly concerned about the 'environment' but when it come to THEIR homes all the indigenous creatures have to go.

Buncha guddummed hypocritical self righteous POS Karens and Kens with no regard for the environment, just kill it all so they don't have to deal with it.
I guarantee (for what THAT'S worth, LOL) they have the same attitude towards anyone who "politically" disagrees with them, too.

From the article (emphasis mine):
The problem is that Catalina's semi-arid land is no match for the roughly 2,000 deer, who are competing for a diminishing amount of vegetation, a situation exacerbated by the climate crisis.

Oh, FFS! Can we please let this CC shiit go in the dustbin where it phuq'n belongs? Why - why - is Every. Goddamned. Thing. a phuq'n climate change problem?
bubblegum me... :rolleyes:
RIGHT?!! :rolleyes:

"They" use it as leverage to justify whatever it is that they want to achieve (political or otherwise). I'm actually surprised they didn't also work in "white supremacy", or "the patriarchy" causing their "deer problems", too….

In any event , if you have lawn , chances are there are things in that deer like to eat.
Get over it.

A deer herd reduction tied in with processing the meat and giving it to the local food bank , homeless shelters , battered women shelters and the like would make sense to me at least.
Andy
If they did that, I'd consider spending a week "living on the streets" to get me a side of that sweet, sweet venison!

:s0108:

Last Edited:
Get over it.

Andy
When we do deer, elk or bear removal the meat always goes to a good use. Believe it or not it's harder to give it away than you'd think. Alot of food banks and homeless shelters won't take it, alot of the times the tribes get it or I start a list of locals that will use it. I've never been involved in population control just damage and human health and safety

There used to be an outfitter that made a good living hosting bow hunters that kept the deer and pig herds in check.
These same people wanting the deer removed had hunting banned. They have already had the pigs and goats eradicated.
The hunters were not a good look for the island!
I had a friend that had a contract to hand pull and bag invasive and non native weeds! For three years he and his crew hand pulled weeds!
No cars, no trucks, no gas lawnmowers, edgers, blowers, or gas weed whackers, are allowed on the island.
I think I can avoid the island for the rest of my life without missing much! DR

When we do deer, elk or bear removal the meat always goes to a good use. Believe it or not it's harder to give it away than you'd think. Alot of food banks and homeless shelters won't take it, alot of the times the tribes get it or I start a list of locals that will use it. I've never been involved in population control just damage and human health and safety
I miss the "Hunters for the Homeless" programs where you could get an extra tag and donate the meat to a shelter.
I too have hunted for a few tribal food banks...that is an easy low key way to help.
Andy

You'd be wrong. The vast majority of the island is uninhabited. Between 1919 and 1975 it was the property of various members of the Wrigley family (chewing gum fortune). In 1975. 90% of the land was donated to the Conservancy, a non-profit which manages the land. Almost all of the island's 4,000 permanent residents live in the city of Avalon, in tightly packed little houses on postage-stamp sized lots. There aren't a lot of "pretty little gardens." But don't take my word for it, check out the Google Maps satellite view.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top