JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
shooting for defensive practice only?
Want to order more .45 ammo. I carry a Kahr P45 with Golden Saber +P 185 grain HP's.
I can get 185 gr hollow points for $399/1000 or 230 FMJ for 319/1000

Is having the 185 gr worth the add'l $80/1000 if all I do is use it for practice?

unless you just want to "get to know the gun" if you shoot 1 type of ammo, but "carry" another, the outcome can be different. Practice with what you carry, or at the very least; BE SURE they shoot same poi/poa.

unless you just want to "get to know the gun" if you shoot 1 type of ammo, but "carry" another, the outcome can be different. Practice with what you carry, or at the very least; BE SURE they shoot same poi/poa.

Any way to tell how much different? I do practice with what I carry but I also need to just practice in general. I'd like to practice all the time with what I carry but at $35 plus tax for 25 rds. it's kind of prohibitive!

It is also dependent on the gun. My 3 inch has they same point of aim with 185 or 230 grain. The 230 in a 3 inch has a huge difference in the way the the gun feels when firing. My thumb said thank you when I stopped firing the 230.

I went ahead and paid more for the 185 Gr loads since that's the weight of the Golden Saber +P's that I now carry.

Got 1,000 of them as well as 1,000 rds of .223 shipped today.

I handload hot ammo to approximate my carry loads.. I think if you are really good it does matter. If not then it probably is not that important

It's more about slide speed (autos) than bullet weight. The hot fast loads cycle faster and that can mean a world of difference if you are fast

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews