JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have shared a few details here and there but I wanted to compile all my data in one location.

as some may not yet be aware I own an MGB. However this one is special as it is home to a SBC. Deciding this wasn't nearly scary enough I am in the process of upgrading. This thread details what I do to it and what does and doesn't work.

6136E800-E18F-4543-8CB3-0E5EC5A102A6.jpeg

Last Edited:
Yes, let the twins out to play... and take pictures for the rest of us.

-Robert

that is my intention, I already have the turbos, headers, fuel regulator, BOV, tubing, and couplers.

In the to purchase list are:
9" rear 41" WMS-WMS
center section
15x10 w/2" backspace wheels
275/60-15 radials
Kirkland sears and anti submarine belt

Looks like it's going to be a bit of a snug fit, gonna be time to grab the sawzall and death wheels soon

E6CDB4AB-116F-4484-BB24-A29435405910.jpeg

I love frakenstein projects! Good luck with the build and take your time so you dont end up doing half of it twice. In highschool i put a breathed on 327 in my s10 shortbox, did a mini tub, tilt front end and made over the tire headers for it in shop class. I put a sb400 in a toyota hilux but it kept breaking things so i traded it.

You know you're off the beaten path when your car project involves a Sawzall. :)

My favorite projects always involves heavy metal work of some variety or other, this one will be fairly mild...my dream project involves back halfing a 280zx and solid axle swapping it, this should be fairly straightforward in comparison!

Fun times!!!
Gotta love funky little British Sport Cars!
No, I'm not gonna race ya, but my little Red Rocket ain't no slouch!
View attachment 851424
And, my brothers 66 MK-1 MGB factory light weight!
View attachment 851425

Nice cars, on both accounts!

they're quite nice especially when Lucas the prince of darkness has been dealt with (banished in my case)!

I love frakenstein projects! Good luck with the build and take your time so you dont end up doing half of it twice. In highschool i put a breathed on 327 in my s10 shortbox, did a mini tub, tilt front end and made over the tire headers for it in shop class. I put a sb400 in a toyota hilux but it kept breaking things so i traded it.

I bought the car for pretty cheap, with everything wrong with it I'm trying to get it done and safe for this year's season. I'll end up having to make a chassis for it over winter as it'll be too fast for a convertible, so it'll have to come all back apart anyways.

Not my first build fortunately, but I know full well I'll have to do it all again this winter so the parts going into it are overbuilt for the current engine.

Both those sound like spicy builds! The S10 especially, they are an excellent platform for SBC swaps!

fully understand about breaking crap, went through four transmissions numerous axle half shafts and too much money to think about with the first car I did (turboed 04 Monte Carlo SS)

Nice cars, on both accounts!

they're quite nice especially when Lucas the prince of darkness has been dealt with (banished in my case)!
Other then the light housings and lenses, the Spitfire has been changed over, while the MGB remains completely stock, other then the electronic ignition and coil!
Really nothing to them, just have to watch for coroasion issues and address them as needed!

Other then the light housings and lenses, the Spitfire has been changed over, while the MGB remains completely stock, other then the electronic ignition and coil!
Really nothing to them, just have to watch for coroasion issues and address them as needed!

That's excellent and even mildly surprising to hear!

they're very good looking cars IMO and still can be had for reasonable money (MGB at least) it's kind of a shame some of the ones rotting away haven't been touched

That's excellent and even mildly surprising to hear!

they're very good looking cars IMO and still can be had for reasonable money (MGB at least) it's kind of a shame some of the ones rotting away haven't been touched
We have had the 66 in the family for close to 40 years, it was ran hard, likely raced ( has a bunch of factory works mods) then sold cheap, my Mom bought it for $1400 and drove the snot out of it, but the car still only has less then 15000 on the clock! It's getting a full restoration as we speak, and it's Super Rare, and valuable!

That's amazing! And those wheels are choice!!!

what sort of suspension did you go with or is it all tuned up stock style with upgrades?

as much as I want a (Parallel) four link I'll most likely end up with ladder bars on Polly front joints....too hard to pass up how easy it is to get working right.

That's amazing! And those wheels are choice!!!

what sort of suspension did you go with or is it all tuned up stock style with upgrades?

as much as I want a (Parallel) four link I'll most likely end up with ladder bars on Polly front joints....too hard to pass up how easy it is to get working right.
Runnin a much modified rear suspension, converted the rear to a triangulated lower control arm, fabricated uprights with bearing cartridges, all Subaru WRX Diff ( with Trak-Lok) and axle shafts, custom Wilwood brakes that have the rotor hats drilled to the old school bolt pattern, and custom drive flanges that mate to the Subaru Axle shafts! Should be more then strong enough to handle my measly 350ish HP Naturally asperated 4 banger! Front is mostly stock ( is actually really good) but I custom made new spindles that take Pinto bearings and seals and Ford Fox Mustang pattern Brake calipers, custom hubs drilled for the much larger Wilwood rotors but also drilled for the stock wheel bolt pattern, which is an odd ball 4X95 mm vs a standard 4X100 like the rest of the world uses! All because I scored those Old School, super rare Revolution Race wheels which make the car really stand out!

YUGE shout out to @v0lcom13sn0w for his invaluable help getting things back on track, there were some major head aches!

Runnin a much modified rear suspension, converted the rear to a triangulated lower control arm, fabricated uprights with bearing cartridges, all Subaru WRX Diff ( with Trak-Lok) and axle shafts, custom Wilwood brakes that have the rotor hats drilled to the old school bolt pattern, and custom drive flanges that mate to the Subaru Axle shafts! Should be more then strong enough to handle my measly 350ish HP Naturally asperated 4 banger! Front is mostly stock ( is actually really good) but I custom made new spindles that take Pinto bearings and seals and Ford Fox Mustang pattern Brake calipers, custom hubs drilled for the much larger Wilwood rotors but also drilled for the stock wheel bolt pattern, which is an odd ball 4X95 mm vs a standard 4X100 like the rest of the world uses! All because I scored those Old School, super rare Revolution Race wheels which make the car really stand out!

YUGE shout out to @v0lcom13sn0w for his invaluable help getting things back on track, there were some major head aches!

That truly is an incredible list of details and a ton of fab work and man hours undoubtedly went into that! Definitely good thinking on making things compatible with modern and easy to source parts, I can't even begin to think about how much planing and body geometry went into that suspension.

If your setup is a scalpel, mine is a sledgehammer Hahaha! Ford 9" with spool, 34" Three way adjustable ladder bars with diagonal link on adjustable coil springs

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top