JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If your under 21 you can still own a pistol, just have a family member buy the lower and build whatever youd like. Oh my god theres a loophole!!!!

Thats not really a loophole. Its called a straw purchase. If the family member buys a lower and gives it as a bonafied gift as in no money changes hands then its kosher . If you the recipient give the family member money to buy him a lower then its a straw purchase.

It all depends on how honest the giver and recipient are. Some people are honest and some people are too honest for their own good.

Thats not really a loophole. Its called a straw purchase. If the family member buys a lower and gives it as a bonafied gift as in no money changes hands then its kosher . If you the recipient give the family member money to buy him a lower then its a straw purchase.

It all depends on how honest the giver and recipient are. Some people are honest and some people are too honest for their own good.
WOW...
o_O

Hopefully someone will chime in, but outside fo that maybe look at some youtube vids and some internet searches like "80% arms jig sucks". Not saying they do - I usually do a "sucks" or "scam" search on anything I'm not familiar with. Also search for "80% arms vs 5D tactical jig".

THIS!:D
My GO-TO guy had a couple of videos posted on YouTube that promptly got taken down, so it's going to take some work to find any comparison of the Jigs out there! I have the 80% Arms jig, and it's awesome, and I have seen the 5D Tactical in action, both are super nice and both make the job really easy, so a side by side between the two isn't really going to turn up much of a difference between these two! From what I have seen, the 5D has the advantage of an easier swap between lower blanks, and switching between the different lowers, so I could do a AR-15 and then basically flip the lower plates and do a AR-10 nonstop action!

I have also used multiple brand Routers, and HERE is something tho think about: DeWalt has the top warranty of any industrial power tools, followed closely by Makita and then Milwaukee, and finally Rigid! For my Money, the Makita is the cats meow, has a finer RPM setting, and a stronger base lock, though admittedly the DeWalt is right there with it. The Milwaukee seems to have more torque, but it's not a big deal really unless you find other cool stuff to use it for. Rigid is good quality, but I wish they would fix the deck lock on them, then I would be a bigger fan! FOr cordless drills, HANDS DOWN, Makita rules! Second is Milwaukee, third a disappointment that DeWalt A) was so expensive for what you get, B) Didn't have any thing close to the power and battery life of the Makita ( until you go brushless/Lipo) Most of this is not really THAT important for what your doing, but still, something to consider when selecting tools!
FWIW, the ROTO-ZIP can also do the job, and quite well I can say, I have cut 1 Lower and it ran flawelessly!

THIS!:D
My GO-TO guy had a couple of videos posted on YouTube that promptly got taken down, so it's going to take some work to find any comparison of the Jigs out there! I have the 80% Arms jig, and it's awesome, and I have seen the 5D Tactical in action, both are super nice and both make the job really easy, so a side by side between the two isn't really going to turn up much of a difference between these two! From what I have seen, the 5D has the advantage of an easier swap between lower blanks, and switching between the different lowers, so I could do a AR-15 and then basically flip the lower plates and do a AR-10 nonstop action!

I have also used multiple brand Routers, and HERE is something tho think about: DeWalt has the top warranty of any industrial power tools, followed closely by Makita and then Milwaukee, and finally Rigid! For my Money, the Makita is the cats meow, has a finer RPM setting, and a stronger base lock, though admittedly the DeWalt is right there with it. The Milwaukee seems to have more torque, but it's not a big deal really unless you find other cool stuff to use it for. Rigid is good quality, but I wish they would fix the deck lock on them, then I would be a bigger fan! FOr cordless drills, HANDS DOWN, Makita rules! Second is Milwaukee, third a disappointment that DeWalt A) was so expensive for what you get, B) Didn't have any thing close to the power and battery life of the Makita ( until you go brushless/Lipo) Most of this is not really THAT important for what your doing, but still, something to consider when selecting tools!
FWIW, the ROTO-ZIP can also do the job, and quite well I can say, I have cut 1 Lower and it ran flawelessly!

I didn't consider the ROTO-ZIP - and I have one of those in my garage that I never use!

If the OP is interested in a ROTO-ZIP, I might be able to make a good deal on a used one...

Good question for @LuckySG since he does Cerakoting in-house (literally ;)).
I have no issues putting Cerakote on an unserialized firearm or component, but if you are not yet an established customer plan to spend a few minutes with me to get all your information down, because it still have to go in the book when I take possession to begin the work. My goal is 48 hours turnaround, but this week may be more like 72 hours.

Jeremy

I didn't consider the ROTO-ZIP - and I have one of those in my garage that I never use!

If the OP is interested in a ROTO-ZIP, I might be able to make a good deal on a used one...

Cool:D:D:D, Take it slow your first time through, the Roto-Zip tends to run super fast, and will dull a cutter/break if you don't slow it down! Start out in the center of your first cut and dial the speed up until you get a good even flow to your cut and leave it there! once you get a feel for how it runs, you could play with the speed, but honestly, it's not needed!

I have no issues putting Cerakote on an unserialized firearm or component, but if you are not yet an established customer plan to spend a few minutes with me to get all your information down, because it still have to go in the book when I take possession to begin the work. My goal is 48 hours turnaround, but this week may be more like 72 hours.

Jeremy

You able to do Camo yet?

Cool:D:D:D, Take it slow your first time through, the Roto-Zip tends to run super fast, and will dull a cutter/break if you don't slow it down! Start out in the center of your first cut and dial the speed up until you get a good even flow to your cut and leave it there! once you get a feel for how it runs, you could play with the speed, but honestly, it's not needed!

I won't be using the ROTO-ZIP myself. I bought the DeWalt, so that's what I'll be using.

Here is the deal follow the instructions if you get in a hurry and try to cut corners.
Bad things happen .
TAKE YOUR TIME .
MAKE SURE EVERY THING IS IN LINE .
THE MOST INPORTANT THING .IS DRILLING THE HOLES FOR TRIGGER AND SAFETY.
if they are off you got PROBLEMS.
Lol ask me how I know.lol well DON'T ask me I don't really want to talk about it HEHEE

Yep! I have a quality jig, and I've waited for 3 years to start putting this together, I can wait a little while longer while I'm making it. I have plenty of patience.

Of course! I just have to wait for everything in the mail I'm going to get a hold of a upper probably some time after this lower is finished, just because of my budget constraints. Then its time to learn about headspacing!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews