JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cordless drill really only works on plastic, though. Aluminum you need a power source with a bit more heft.

If I'd had a vice, mine wouldn't have come out with a hole in the side, and wouldn't have taken a week. LOL

80% arms .com look it up they sell kits you can buy as many 80% lowers you want .or just one .they are having a sale this weekend.
20% off I bought the kit that came with 3 lowers and all the stuff .I just had to buy a router.
Probably the best jig kit out there.
It's really easy to do and you need a good drill also

4-3_G2_AR15_White_Rear_S_jpg_large.jpeg

Okay! So, after a little bit of late night deliberation, and I know all y'all are asleep, I found some great deals! On righttobear.com, I found that they had a brand new 5d universal ar router jig for 150, with free shipping for the whole order, so I also got a Anderson lower parts kit, a Cerro forge raw 80% receiver, a buffer tube kit, and the tool kit for the router jig! Got it all on sale for about 300 bucks. What do you guys think?

Okay! So, after a little bit of late night deliberation, and I know all y'all are asleep, I found some great deals! On righttobear.com, I found that they had a brand new 5d universal ar router jig for 150, with free shipping for the whole order, so I also got a Anderson lower parts kit, a Cerro forge raw 80% receiver, a buffer tube kit, and the tool kit for the router jig! Got it all on sale for about 300 bucks. What do you guys think?

I think you'll like the 5D Tactical jig set - it's a very nice quality piece of gear. I've got one, got the lowers, the router and bits, just waiting for a weekend day when I've got enough time to set it up and go to town. Be sure to let us know how it goes. Nice thing is, you'll have what you need to build many more.

BTW, if you're going to buy a router, the DeWalt is a very nice model to consider.

I think you'll like the 5D Tactical jig set - it's a very nice quality piece of gear. I've got one, got the lowers, the router and bits, just waiting for a weekend day when I've got enough time to set it up and go to town. Be sure to let us know how it goes. Nice thing is, you'll have what you need to build many more.

BTW, if you're going to buy a router, the DeWalt is a very nice model to consider.
Thank you! I'm stoked for it to arrive, it looks like a absolutely amazing piece of equipment. I wanted to build my AR, and that's exactly what I'm doing! The 5d tactical is, as far as I know, good indefinitely so I will just need to find more Bits and lowers to keep it up! Its worth it to get a decent tool that will last. And the dewalt or the ridgid brand one look good, do you suppose with the holidays coming they may be on sale?

Yeah, since 5D seem to recommend the rigid hand router so much I think I will keep an eye out for one. I can probably find something good secondhand or maybe even on overstock. Good tools for a good price can be had.

well, now that you have your parts and tools coming.... I could have probably been convinced to show you how to clamp an 80% in one of the CNC mills I work on, and then show you how to push a button so a program runs, cutting out the trigger pocket. Then do it again for the holes.

But, with your own tools and know how, you will be set up for whatever you want to do in the future.

Also, If you wanted to have your finished 80% anodized, New Frontier offers a nice type 3 hard coat service IF your completed 80% has a make, model and SN engraved on it. Most gunsmiths can help you there. I could show you how to do it on my mill, but a gunsmith would probably do it better.

Matte Black Hard-Coat Anodizing Service - New Frontier Armory, LLC

I had them do up a few 0% 9mm lowers I made. Turned out great, and for WAY cheaper than other anodizing places with the proper FFL paperwork.

well, now that you have your parts and tools coming.... I could have probably been convinced to show you how to clamp an 80% in one of the CNC mills I work on, and then show you how to push a button so a program runs, cutting out the trigger pocket. Then do it again for the holes.

But, with your own tools and know how, you will be set up for whatever you want to do in the future.

Also, If you wanted to have your finished 80% anodized, New Frontier offers a nice type 3 hard coat service IF your completed 80% has a make, model and SN engraved on it. Most gunsmiths can help you there. I could show you how to do it on my mill, but a gunsmith would probably do it better.

Matte Black Hard-Coat Anodizing Service - New Frontier Armory, LLC

I had them do up a few 0% 9mm lowers I made. Turned out great, and for WAY cheaper than other anodizing places with the proper FFL paperwork.
Haha! Thanks for the offer in any case, late or not. Now I've got my own tools and I can get some real experience at it. And I was just thinking about what I should do for a finish. I can't hardly leave the lower raw, and anodizing certainly sounds nice.

cerakote or similar sprays are an option too, keeps the DIY train going, and you can do the whole rifle in whatever color you want.

Same as always, watch a ton of youtube videos, search some forums, and you should be good to go.

I believe if you have the FFL mark the lower as a "rifle" then you should be fine. Just don't ever convert it to a pistol.

Call your local FFL and ask.

An FFL who transfers a new lower as a "rifle" is breaking the law not only because well...thats the law but he is skirting the excise tax which will really get him nailed. If it is not configured as a rifle with a barrel etc it is not a rifle. Period. Bare Lowers or even lowers with a stock attached are always transferred as "other" unless they come from a previously completed and transferred as such rifle..

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR