JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm currently tossing about the idea of getting a red dot for my ar. I love the scope I have on it, but I'd like a medium range option. I know nothing about red dots besides that I have enjoyed the ones I have used on rentals. Anyone have any input on a decent one under 200$?

Theres a lot of good options under $200. One of my favs is the Bushnell TRS25 which can be head closer to $50. Holosun makes great red dots for under $200. I would say my top recommendation would be the vortex sparc or strikefire 2. Vortex has a legendary unconditional lifetime warranty so youll be taken care of if anything ever happens to the scope.

I use a Bushnell TRS-25 for more than a year with no problems. $60-80 with the riser and the Sight Mark (forgot the model) for right around $100. Both are great. A slight nod to the Sight Mark for better field of vision. Neither has any fancy feature but they aren't flimsy or junk.

I picked up a Sig Romeo 5 for $110. I have some other RDO that cost 3 or 4 times more than the Sig, the only things I wished it had are flip up lens covers and rubber armor cover. I love the auto on feature, so any time you pick up the rifle the RDO is on.

Another +1 on Bushnell TRS-25. I picked mine up used in the Classifieds for $25. It's been stellar on my 10/22. If I were mounting a red dot on an AR or something with more recoil, I'd probably go with a Sig Romeo or Holosun.

I work in a busy gun shop and have the luxury of playing with a lot of optics, variable and electronic. IMHO the the Sig Romeo 5 is the best bang for the buck (pardon the pun). They're easy to find in the $125-$150 range. The dot bright and consistent and it come with their MOTAC feature which essentially means you don't need to turn it off/on.

I work in a busy gun shop and have the luxury of playing with a lot of optics, variable and electronic. IMHO the the Sig Romeo 5 is the best bang for the buck (pardon the pun). They're easy to find in the $125-$150 range. The dot bright and consistent and it come with their MOTAC feature which essentially means you don't need to turn it off/on.

Looks like a nice model. I'll have to take a closer look at that myself.

I see it's going for $119 with free shipping at Amazon as of the moment I'm posting this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C95I8N4/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A34B8X18ULPK6L

I've got a bunch of different red dot sights in your price range I like the Vortex strike fire really like being able to switch from red to green dot.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews