JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm currently tossing about the idea of getting a red dot for my ar. I love the scope I have on it, but I'd like a medium range option. I know nothing about red dots besides that I have enjoyed the ones I have used on rentals. Anyone have any input on a decent one under 200$?

Theres a lot of good options under $200. One of my favs is the Bushnell TRS25 which can be head closer to $50. Holosun makes great red dots for under $200. I would say my top recommendation would be the vortex sparc or strikefire 2. Vortex has a legendary unconditional lifetime warranty so youll be taken care of if anything ever happens to the scope.

I use a Bushnell TRS-25 for more than a year with no problems. $60-80 with the riser and the Sight Mark (forgot the model) for right around $100. Both are great. A slight nod to the Sight Mark for better field of vision. Neither has any fancy feature but they aren't flimsy or junk.

I picked up a Sig Romeo 5 for $110. I have some other RDO that cost 3 or 4 times more than the Sig, the only things I wished it had are flip up lens covers and rubber armor cover. I love the auto on feature, so any time you pick up the rifle the RDO is on.

Another +1 on Bushnell TRS-25. I picked mine up used in the Classifieds for $25. It's been stellar on my 10/22. If I were mounting a red dot on an AR or something with more recoil, I'd probably go with a Sig Romeo or Holosun.

I work in a busy gun shop and have the luxury of playing with a lot of optics, variable and electronic. IMHO the the Sig Romeo 5 is the best bang for the buck (pardon the pun). They're easy to find in the $125-$150 range. The dot bright and consistent and it come with their MOTAC feature which essentially means you don't need to turn it off/on.

I work in a busy gun shop and have the luxury of playing with a lot of optics, variable and electronic. IMHO the the Sig Romeo 5 is the best bang for the buck (pardon the pun). They're easy to find in the $125-$150 range. The dot bright and consistent and it come with their MOTAC feature which essentially means you don't need to turn it off/on.

Looks like a nice model. I'll have to take a closer look at that myself.

I see it's going for $119 with free shipping at Amazon as of the moment I'm posting this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C95I8N4/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A34B8X18ULPK6L

I've got a bunch of different red dot sights in your price range I like the Vortex strike fire really like being able to switch from red to green dot.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top