JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So if one were to be bitten by a radioactive brown recluse spider...and if you got superpowers from it...
Would that make you a Shy ( reclusive ) Spider-Man...:D
Or just socially awkward with a nasty bite wound...:eek:
Andy

I was thinking Wiphus Mailinicus Melanius
I was thinking, wait...
Never mind.

RtFy3sfb.jpg

I worked with two guys who had bad spider bites. One was a black widow. He said he ended up in the ICU for a few days, he said it was like an acid trip. He could see the walls melting around him.

The other guy bitten by a recluse on his forearm. He left it for a couple days with a bandage. Until it started seeping through the bandage.
He went to the hospital and they gave him an IV of meds and he could push on his arm and pink ooze would run out of the wound.

reminds me of then i was a kid, a schoolmate's mom was grabbing some bananas and had a big, nasty bubblegum spider crawl out... now i always triple check any bananas i get .. and you should as well..
and.. if i remmeber right.,. hobo spiders are related to the recluse.. same family or something..

I got bitten on the finger by what we assumed was a Hobo spider yrs ago. i was just headed off to work when it happened. Had to leave work a few hrs later because my hand started swelling so bad that I couldn't use it. Stopped by the Urgency Clinic on the way home and they gave me a shot and antibiotics but later that night my fingers and hand were so swollen I thought the skin might split. Definitely painfull! I just toughed it out and by the next evening my whole arm was swollen and red to the shoulder. You could feel heat radiating off it from a foot away. I think I ended up missing 4-5 days work because I couldn't bend my fingers. I wouldn't want to repeat the experience!

and.. if i remmeber right.,. hobo spiders are related to the recluse.. same family or something..
According to Wikipedia ( :rolleyes: ) , it looks like the Brown Recluse is not closely related to the Hobo, but the Hobo is related to the Giant House Spider and the Desert Grass Spider.

Edit. Hobo and Giant House spider are in Agelenidae family and the Brown Recluse is in Sicariidae family

Edit 2. Family Agelenidae includes the funnel weavers with 8 eyes and like 1,300+ species. Family Sicariidae have 6 eyes and only 189 species

Last Edited:
Wow, there is a thread all about me!!! :D

I acquired this nickname in high school after a major brawl against a bully. Some "outcast" people should not be messed with.

In telecom and a few years back a technician told the front desk lady he couldn't come to work cause he was bit by a spider cabling under a business. She told him get in here crybaby if you want to keep your job. An hour later he came in and his forehead was like Worf from Star Trek. I drove him to the hospital, he recovered. Actually glad she forced him to come to work cause he may have died laying around at home.

I've read and heard repeatedly that there are no Brown Recluse in the Pacific Northwest, and that people when they do capture the "brown recluse" that bit them, later learn from the biologist identifying it that they were bitten by a Hobo.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/CommunityandEnvironment/Pests/Spiders

Does anyone have actual proof that there are actual Brown Recluse in the area and that all of the resident biologists and experts are full of beans? ?

I've read and heard repeatedly that there are no Brown Recluse in the Pacific Northwest, and that people when they do capture the "brown recluse" that bit them, later learn from the biologist identifying it that they were bitten by a Hobo.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/CommunityandEnvironment/Pests/Spiders

Does anyone have actual proof that there are actual Brown Recluse in the area and that all of the resident biologists and experts are full of beans? ?
Giant House Spider
Giant house spider (Tegenaria duellica) BioImages (c) Malcolm Storey.jpg OZQRFZ0RSHFLTLKZDLXZBLIZDLIZALIZ0H5RKHERSHSZCLGRVLSZTL2RHHERDL6RVL8RVL4RQHPR0H8RTZ5RKHMR.jpg
Wolf Spider
wolf-spider.jpg ter-insects-wolf-spider-article-2.jpeg
Hobo Spider
hobospider2.jpg 27-_l0o5962-raw-cleaned-hobo-female.jpg
Brown Recluse brown-recluse-spider-1263266932-5c14d11d39d149939884992d00a9805a.jpg 14015083913_3683c92425_z.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top