JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going on a 2 week trip to the Yukon territory of Canada with my Dad later this month. We will be driving from Oregon and camping along the way, we have done this before throughout the Western half of the US on various trips. I have brought my Mossberg 500 with me for protection from wildlife mostly. This trip will be the one with the greatest chances of running to wildlife (bears) so I would like to have it. My question is, how do I go about getting it into Canada? I have researched it endlessly and seen their classification system. My 12 gauge has a wood stock, tube fed, pump action, so nothing "scary" looking and should be classified as "unrestricted". I have filled out a Non-resident firearms declaration with all the info about it, but I can't figure out if I need to send it in to them to get approval or is it more of a "shall issue" situation, where as long as I have the form filled out, and declare it at the point of entry they will let us pass? I was hoping some fellow NWFA members had done the same thing and could offer some insight. I definitely want to bring it with us, but by the time we reach the border will be a long way from home, much past the point of turning around so I don't want this gun to not let us get in, or have it be confiscated. So basically in summary, how do I legally drive across the border with my Mossberg 500, or is it going to be more trouble than it's worth and I should give up on the idea and get more bear spray instead? Thank you very much in advance for any insight.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top