JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Is it really thread cr@pping? If it were a classified, maybe. But open discussion threads?
Maybe, maybe not. Some people seem to be obsessed with looking to put the OP's down in such threads instead of trying to engage in a reasonable discussion. I don't care one way or another if little green aliens make chemtrails or polar bear farts cause them. The skeptics with their sense of smug self righteousness bend over backwards to make their point at the OP's expense.
Just an observation.

Maybe, maybe not. Some people seem to be obsessed with looking to put the OP's down in such threads instead of trying to engage in a reasonable discussion. I don't care one way or another if little green aliens make chemtrails or polar bear farts cause them. The skeptics with their sense of smug self righteousness bend over backwards to make their point at the OP's expense.
Just an observation.
Like asking how tower 7 fell straight down, or why the Pentagon didn't burn with molten metal for days and days after the "plane" crashed into it. Only kooks believe what their eyes see.

Just an observation.

Just like every campfire. Sit down, drink a little drink, talk truth, give each other some grief.

Just an observation.

I hear you and that is a thoughtful response. I've tried hard not to engage in any snark on these kinds of threads, with varying degrees of success. I'm more than willing to engage in reasonable discussion on any point. I'm not willing to waste time on ideas that are contrary to basic laws of science or are totally unsubstantiated. Lest anyone think these kinds of threads are harmless speculation, they are not; I've seen many forums destroyed by the tinfoilers. I can't countenance this one suffering such a fate.

Last Edited:
So, contrails are caused by the engines, in the days of pistons and propellers the engines ran on 116 or higher octain to make as much ppwer as they could and that heat generated would cause tempeture reversion that made for long lasting contrails! In the days of turbo jets, the temps were even higher and the reversion greater, so the trailes were even longer then. Now days with high bypass turbo fans, the heat is much lower, so you dont get the long trails of the old days. Some of the new engines run super hot turbime section, and those generate the longer trails, vs the cooler running low bypass engines that run highter internal preasures and generate leas heat, less inversion! Chem trails dont really make sence, not at high altitude, you would get far too much dispersion of what ever product you were spraying, other them salt water for clowd generation, and even then, it only works when the air conditions are just right!

My dad worked for the cia and always conplained about chemtrails and how the govt was poisoning us.

Then again he also thought he was a special being above God, and was going to disappear into a higher dimension, would always tells us he's going to disappear one day, no body, no death, just be gone.

Then when that didn't happen, he went into this flight running from the "grays" that were trying to kill him. He would be up all night walking in circles because if he stayed in one place he would be targeted and killed. He would drive for days on end, from Oregon to idaho, washington, california, etc. he would go walk around the local fred meyer until he fell asleep on the couches for sale and the employees would have to kick him out. I'm sure he looked deshelved and homeless, even though he had $100k in his checking acct.

Mental health issues are real

I hear you and that is a thoughtful response. I've tried hard not to engage in any snark on these kinds of threads, with varying degrees of success. I'm more than willing to engage in reasonable discussion on any point. I'm not willing to waste time on ideas that are contrary to basic laws of science or are totally unsubstantiated. Lest anyone think these kinds of threads are harmless speculation, they are not; I've seen many forums destroyed by the tinfoilers. I can't countenance this one suffering such a fate.
It's in the Off Topic section so free speech it is. Now who was that group again that constantly tried to shout down and quash anyone who doesn't see their point of view? Antifa? They claim that their viewpoints are superior too.

My dad worked for the cia and always conplained about chemtrails and how the govt was poisoning us.

Then again he also thought he was a special being above God, and was going to disappear into a higher dimension, would always tells us he's going to disappear one day, no body, no death, just be gone.

Then when that didn't happen, he went into this flight running from the "grays" that were trying to kill him. He would be up all night walking in circles because if he stayed in one place he would be targeted and killed. He would drive for days on end, from Oregon to idaho, washington, california, etc. he would go walk around the local fred meyer until he fell asleep on the couches for sale and the employees would have to kick him out. I'm sure he looked deshelved and homeless, even though he had $100k in his checking acct.

Mental health issues are real

I sincerely hope he found peace.

It's in the Off Topic section so free speech it is.

From the board rules:

3. Divisive, negative, offensive, or inappropriate content is prohibited

This is the guideline which sets the overall look, feel, and tone of our community. As a public organization with clearly defined goals, we must do everything we can to establish and maintain a positive, welcoming, family-friendly environment. Per our Terms of Service, it is the responsibility of every member to act accordingly.

This rule is all encompassing, including threads, posts, images, videos, language, innuendos, insinuations, suggestions, intimations, implications, hints, overtones, undertones, allusions, and references, or links to content which would be considered divisive, negative, offensive, or inappropriate if posted here. This also includes causing discord by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking others into an emotional response, or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion (aka Trolling).

Now who was that group again that constantly tried to shout down and quash anyone who doesn't see their point of view? Antifa? They claim that their viewpoints are superior too.

Oh, please. :rolleyes:

Let's not let the facts of physical science cloud things up at all. Noting yesterday or Saturday there was not a CONTRAIL in the sky. Mark Nelson the weather dude on Fox 12, and a pretty smart guy noted that the temperatures at 30,000 feet were quite warm and therefore the hot jet exhaust was not making contrails. Today it was cooler aloft and the contrails were back.

Now lets take a look at the chemical application aspect of this. Not having the exact exhaust temperatures of turbine engines at hand and being tired I am not chasing it down right now. Pretty safe to say that any kind of chemical injection into turbine exhaust it going to incinerate any active ingredients that might be present, let alone allow the water molecules to retain any additives. Even an after exhaust injections is going to be impossible from a hard equipment application standpoint.

The we could look at the PPM concentration that would be required for any kind of "chemical" to be effective when applied at 500 mph and 28,000 or more feet, and the absurdity of this idea starts becoming pretty clear. Aerial application of ag chemicals happens at about 90 to 100 mph with conventional spray booms hung off the planes. Now imagine trying to hang that kind of gear off a plane at 450 knots or better. More than a few problems there.

With all the bullsh*t floating around out there about "chemtrails" I have yet to see anything that illustrates how the product would be delivered and the how the science of PPM dilution will allow a material to drift over 5 miles through the atmosphere and be effective.

With all the bullsh*t floating around out there about "chemtrails" I have yet to see anything that illustrates how the product would be delivered and the how the science of PPM dilution will allow a material to drift over 5 miles through the atmosphere and be effective.

You're not alone in that analysis.

From the board rules:

Oh, please. :rolleyes:
If there was anything profane or offensive posted I'm sure that one of the mod's will take the appropriate
action. Otherwise, I think it's interesting to watch people get bent out of shape because one guy starts a thread about con/chem/whatever trails. I don't know why he posted that on here when there's a thousand better places for such a topic. Though, watching everyone become unglued over it has been interesting.

Just for the record - I'm by default a skeptic of any claim, including chemtrails, until I see compelling evidence. I also don't mind seeing evidence that challenges my beliefs. Please don't take anything I post that refutes chemtrails personally. If/when I see compelling evidence contrary to my current belief then I will change my opinion. Discussion is always healthy.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads