JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just remember what happen here in Oregon recently, we lost 1 bad governor and we replaced IT with a worse governor.
And Benny gets the award for clairvoyance with his prediction. Nominated to take Todd Jones' place, is none other than current Deputy Director Thomas Brandon.
Brandon was the guy placed in charge of "punishing" the parties guilty in the Fast and Furious debacle.

Though he did no such thing:
http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...arded_in_appointment_of_new_atf_director.html
According to outgoing Director Jones's sworn testimony of April 2, 2014 before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Mr. Brandon was the person who determined disciplinary punishments for all of the ATF personnel involved in Fast and Furious. Brandon was "the ultimate decision maker." Director Jones confirmed that Thomas Brandon did not fire a single person for participation in Fast and Furious.
<snip>
This easily researched history reveals Brandon's key role in keeping the truth of Fast and Furious hidden from Congress and the public. Had heads rolled, angry ex-employees might have turned whistle-blower and implicated higher-ups at DOJ and even the White House. The game of mutual extortion; employee silence in exchange for job security, achieved its purpose.
Outta the fryin' pan and into the fire.

Good call Benny503, ya NAILED that one!

Shut it down.

With respect to the good folks in the ATF, the organization is well past its prime in terms of real usefulness. It is a vestigial appendage from a bygone puritanical era whose only apparent purpose these days is to find creative ways to infringe upon the Second Ammendment at the behest of an Executive branch who plainly feels upset about the shackles of the law.

DEFUND. Transfer the mission to less politicized agency such as the FBI.

Right on, someone found some serious dirt on this guy to have this awesome èffect on him!!! KUDOS!!!!!

So what was it the ex director did to make him so paranoid he quits a cush gig working for the Feds?

The M855 ban ignored the law that defines "AP" ammunition. M855, and presumably XM855, ammunition does not fit the definition of "AP" because the bullet (aka projectile) is not constructed ENTIRELY of the banned materials. The major component in (X)M855 is lead, which is not on the list.

I , and I suppose many others, commented on this violation. So perhaps Jones decided to bail before Congress could cite him for contempt.

I hope that Congress summons Jones and cites him, not for vengeance, but as an example to his replacement, as well as to his former boss.

Good riddance. Now issue the rest of them pink slips, repeal the NFA and GCA, and all will be right in the world.

+1 I remember well the pre-GCA68 days.

Just remember what happen here in Oregon recently, we lost 1 bad governor and we replaced IT with a worse governor.

You should be thanking your Lucky Stars you guys didn't get 594ed like we did to your north. As long as 594 is Law I'll NEVER buy another gun new or used in WA state. Tho I surely would love to see a case with Alan Gottleib in the forefront defeating this law based on the unconstitutionality of it.

I am too old to start over but I am thinking of pulling out and moving to AZ for the mild winters and summers. AZ has Constitutional Carry among other perks. I would be interested to know the ratio there of available single women to men.

Shut it down.

With respect to the good folks in the ATF, the organization is well past its prime in terms of real usefulness. It is a vestigial appendage from a bygone puritanical era whose only apparent purpose these days is to find creative ways to infringe upon the Second Ammendment at the behest of an Executive branch who plainly feels upset about the shackles of the law.

DEFUND. Transfer the mission to less politicized agency such as the FBI.
No...just FIRE every last one of them and delete their credentials and blackball all of them from further law enforcement duties of any NATO country on the planet. The acting director as top man in this organization would take ultimate responsibility for the crimes of his agents. Five years minimum in a medium security prison should cool his jets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top