JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been involved since it's inception, and I continue to be a firm advocate for continuing the efforts to expand.

It has provided a safe place to shoot in the woods for thousands if not tens of thousands of recreational shooters in the PNW. In some ways, yes, I take pride in being a part of this and I consider it a great accomplishment of mine.

I hope to be able to take my young son there in time, and hopefully it grows into something my sons family can use.

Very cool!

Back when I was on the pistol team at OSU (shooting my target gun 300rds a week) I took my friend shooting out in the woods. I brought my .22 target pistol and told him that it was the most accurate gun I had ever shot. To demonstrate, I took aim at a blade of grass about 10yds away and cut it in half on the first shot. He said that was luck and to do it again. I did, and then stopped while I was ahead.

Another time I was out with friends I tried shooting my single six upside down. The first target I aimed at was a 12in plate at 100 yards. Rang it on the first shot.

I also held the record at the OSU range for single best target. 10 rounds at 50ft with a score of 99 on a national match bullseye target. Not sure if that still stands or not.

Last Edited:
Several years back I took a handgun course at the Clackamas PSTC. At the start of the live fire session the instructor walked the line and gave a commentary on each pistol. He ripped my little S&W CS45 semi-auto at length as "too small" and "un-controlable with a 45ACP." At the end of the class there were 4 chances to qualify for the next higher class, a perfect score being 60 on the IPSC targets. I scored 3 perfect 60's and a 59, beating the next highest guy by several points. After the first 2 perfect scores he stopped looking at the targets and just gave me a 60 and moved on, not noticing the 1 point I dropped. At the very end of the class he announced you should have 2 rounds left if you had no malfunctions or problems, whoever can hit the letter "A" on the IPSC target doesn't have to help cleanup all the spent brass laying everywhere. I hit it on the first shot and was the only person to make the hit.

I spent 8-1/2 years in Law Enforcement but a Broken Back(not Duty related) ended that Endeavor. As for Drawing. Only once was it necessary to Draw and the BG:mad: was sitting next to me but was intent on stabbing me so he was distracted. All the rest, came at a time and place where I was able to get my Sidearm into my hand ahead of time. In those days I was known to carry a set of Handcuffs as well as a Sidearm. Using the Radio in my POV I was able to get an Officer/EMS/FD to Respond quickly. Swing and Grace Yard shifts are times when the BGs:mad: can be out and about and I've always been the type who does what needs doing. :)

That's ALL I'm going to say about the Subject. :)
Dam!? 5 times in 8 years??? Were You patrolling L.A, Watts district or something to the tune of that? My gosh, I know many of officers up here in liberal Pacific Northwest 20+ years of duty have only peppered their guns off at ranges. You must have been the "chosen" one.. unless, like I said before, you worked L.A Watts

Last edited by a moderator:
Dam!? 5 times in 8 years??? Were You patrolling L.A, Watts district or something to the tune of that? My gosh, I know many of officers up here in liberal Pacific Northwest 20+ years of duty have only peppered their guns off at ranges. You must have been the "chosen" one.. unless, like I said before, you worked L.A Watts
Ok guys, he's said multiple times he's not going into it, please respect the members wishes as you'd want done for yourself.
Thank you,
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
Last summer shot a new personal best on a sage rat. 981 yards on my Leica rangefinder. Bounced the first round off the mound at his feet, second shot flipped him backwards. Rifle was a custom Winchester heavy varmint in .220 Swift with an 8-32 nightforce...

I went to Navy boot camp back in the 80's when it was still at San Diego. Our pistol training was coming up and guys who had never handled a firearm were nervous. I was quite confident in my abilities and upon learning the distance and the use of 1911's chambered in .22 long, I joked that I was going to shoot a smiley face in the target, just like in the movie Lethal Weapon.

I soon learned about three shots in that these were horribly inaccurate guns, having been subjected to thousands and thousands of rounds.

Still, I was able to score the highest and get a nice small group.

One of my fellow sailors inspected my target and asked what happened to the smiley face.

I replied dryly, "if you connect the holes, it's a picture of Clint Eastwood".

So, really, I was proud of the quick comeback and not really the shooting...

I don't really brag about my shooting:rolleyes:

I wouldn't either!

B0526611-7D91-4FD2-BBB6-86C861143EB8.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads