JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
post your coolest shooting feats

I shot my handgun at 100 yards and hit my steel target on the first shot! Didn't hit it the next 4 though so don't ask me to do it again!

Also have my draw from concealment with actuating my safety on my M&p 2.0 fastest time so far is 1.22 seconds with a hit.

What are your bragging rights stories?

So I'm going to be blunt. Not calling anyone out or anything like that we all do things our own way. My guess is if you have had to draw your EDC five times then you are a LEO or a retired LEO.

If I had to draw mine five times as a civilian then I would look long and hard at myself and the circumstances that I am putting myself into.

I hit a 2/3 silhouette at 800 yards with an AR I built chambered in .223 Wylde. 68 grain projectile. 20+MPH crosswind. Repeated the shot several times. I've also hit a 12" gong 3/3 with an RPR in .308 (not mine) at a grand. I'm sure there are guys here that have done MUCH better than I. :)

So I'm going to be blunt. Not calling anyone out or anything like that we all do things our own way. My guess is if you have had to draw your EDC five times then you are a LEO or a retired LEO.

That hadn't crossed my mind. I don't typically think LEO when someone mentions EDC. I assume concealed civilian. But now that you mention it, that makes a ton of sense.

OK, my story isn't sexy...here it goes anyway.

We had property at the ocean when I was a kid, my Dad brought my .22 as we were going to shoot a branch 70 feet up in the tree that had a basketball size hornets nest on it. We loaded up Sunday mid morning after a weekend of camping, my Dad had the truck hooked up to the trailer and ready to scoot once the hornets nest fell.

We only had 5 rounds to pull off this feat. I took the first shot, it missed right. My second shot missed left. My Dad looks at me and says he'll take the next two and I can take the last one, I agreed.....he missed twice and I have one round left to make history.

I lined up my last shot got my breathing down, squeezed the trigger and like a shot that basketball sized hornets nest succumbed to gravity....VICTORY!!!!

Basic training, Ft Knox, KY. Training with the M203 grenade launcher. They were giving us training rounds to practice and get acquainted with how to sight in the 40mm rounds. They had a couple of old hulks down range for targets and our goal was to hit them. I was the only one who nailed them with every training round. Drill Sgt pulls me aside and hands me some HE rounds and says, can you do that with these? Sure enough I did. Love the HE rounds and their little mushroom clouds.

I spent 8-1/2 years in Law Enforcement but a Broken Back(not Duty related) ended that Endeavor. As for Drawing. Only once was it necessary to Draw and the BG:mad: was sitting next to me but was intent on stabbing me so he was distracted. All the rest, came at a time and place where I was able to get my Sidearm into my hand ahead of time. In those days I was known to carry a set of Handcuffs as well as a Sidearm. Using the Radio in my POV I was able to get an Officer/EMS/FD to Respond quickly. Swing and Grace Yard shifts are times when the BGs:mad: can be out and about and I've always been the type who does what needs doing. :)

That's ALL I'm going to say about the Subject. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@KKG I did what I could to fix your post. I had to remove the quoted comment. Don't know why you have the issues you do posting.....

Won a 25 yd bullseye shoot with my flintlock LePage dueling pistol. Shot a 96-2X. Would have been better if I hadn't dropped that one in the 8 ring. 5880A070-74AD-4F8E-A748-DD0E57D5BECA.jpeg

Did you build it? I must have missed that. I haven't shot there but I hear great things about it. :)

I've been involved since it's inception, and I continue to be a firm advocate for continuing the efforts to expand.

It has provided a safe place to shoot in the woods for thousands if not tens of thousands of recreational shooters in the PNW. In some ways, yes, I take pride in being a part of this and I consider it a great accomplishment of mine.

I hope to be able to take my young son there in time, and hopefully it grows into something my sons family can use.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top