JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if anyone wants one - hard to come by

I only posted this after I ordered one for myself
my M39 stock is well battle worn, looks like the stain was dried over a camp fire

P1030667.JPG

if anyone wants one - hard to come by

I was reading Doug Bowser's book just now and these Post War M39 stocks were also used on post war M28/30 armory rebuilds

my M28 already has an unused M28/30 stock on it, I had to drill the holes for all the metal hardware when I assembled it

the new M39 stock won't be in until next weekend, will send photos then

I understand the original war time stock has more collectors value and I'll keep it for that reason

but I've seen a post-war blond stock on an M39 and I found it beautiful - have a new can of BLO just waiting

P1030951.JPG

received the stock today, a beautiful cut of wood
not even completely sanded
it does have 2 stock plugs, but this was common on M39 stocks
ordered new hardware from Liberty Tree so I don't have to take the hardware off my old wartime stock
it will be at least a month before I finish the BLO and sanding to remount the receiver

I've done research on this unissued M39 stock
based on the buttstock re enforcement plates and 3 piece stock, the stock was made after 1956 in Finland
it was unsanded and I read on the Mosin collectors site, this is normal
infact, the collectors stated one could tell a US owner stained stock over a Finn armory stock by the sanding
all Finn armory finished stock have rough, sharp corners and a rough stain finish
so be it, save me time, no sanding on the BLO
and I cut the BLO 50/50 with mineral spirits before applying, absorbs faster that way

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews