JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if anyone wants one - hard to come by

I only posted this after I ordered one for myself
my M39 stock is well battle worn, looks like the stain was dried over a camp fire

P1030667.JPG

if anyone wants one - hard to come by

I was reading Doug Bowser's book just now and these Post War M39 stocks were also used on post war M28/30 armory rebuilds

my M28 already has an unused M28/30 stock on it, I had to drill the holes for all the metal hardware when I assembled it

the new M39 stock won't be in until next weekend, will send photos then

I understand the original war time stock has more collectors value and I'll keep it for that reason

but I've seen a post-war blond stock on an M39 and I found it beautiful - have a new can of BLO just waiting

P1030951.JPG

received the stock today, a beautiful cut of wood
not even completely sanded
it does have 2 stock plugs, but this was common on M39 stocks
ordered new hardware from Liberty Tree so I don't have to take the hardware off my old wartime stock
it will be at least a month before I finish the BLO and sanding to remount the receiver

I've done research on this unissued M39 stock
based on the buttstock re enforcement plates and 3 piece stock, the stock was made after 1956 in Finland
it was unsanded and I read on the Mosin collectors site, this is normal
infact, the collectors stated one could tell a US owner stained stock over a Finn armory stock by the sanding
all Finn armory finished stock have rough, sharp corners and a rough stain finish
so be it, save me time, no sanding on the BLO
and I cut the BLO 50/50 with mineral spirits before applying, absorbs faster that way

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top