JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In have no problem with eating locally in fact I practice it. However the original post made it sound like Fred Meyer doesn't support our right, which they do and they don't support local farms or suppliers which they do also in a huge way. I am just against mis-information is all.

If people don't OC and push it in people's faces, there won't ever be a problem.
That is pretty much all they ask.

Next will come their announcements telling people if they see someone carrying in a Kroger / Fred Meyer to make a huge scene, call 911 and run to the front shouting about a man with a gun.

If people don't OC and push it in people's faces, there won't ever be a problem.
Yeah, how dare we utilize our Constitutional Rights in a legal and non threatening manner while we go about out daily activities with the knowledge that nobody is gonna try to make us a victim!

Yeah, how dare we utilize our Constitutional Rights in a legal and non threatening manner while we go about out daily activities with the knowledge that nobody is gonna try to make us a victim!
Well what Taku is saying is exactly what happened with Starbucks. Starbucks' policy was whatever the local laws are. Then some thought it would be too cool to have a rally with everyone OCing.
Then the problems start.
Just go about your business and don't make a scene either way,then FM won't need to change any policies

Next will come their announcements telling people if they see someone carrying in a Kroger / Fred Meyer to make a huge scene, call 911 and run to the front shouting about a man with a gun.

They did that at a Costco already last year.
Just take your sidearm, keep it to yourself and everyone lives their life in un-hysterics...
Pushing the envelope and folks get what they get, and cause issues for everyone else in the process.
But with some that seems to be the intention anyway. People are a strange lot...................LOL

I for one can fully understand why a non-gunner would be shocked to see someone carrying what looked to them like a military auto rifle in a grocery store. Is there any reason to carry your AR into Kroger's, except that you can?

Responding to antagonism coming from antis with your own brand of provocative behavior is not going to communicate a message of responsibility, appropriateness, or maturity. Go ahead and blather about the Constitution here on this forum; we all agree with you, but you won't win any converts by OC'ing a rifle in an urban area.

You probably knew that already, didn't you? Your goal is to be deliberately provocative, not to engage a conversation. Sounds just like the antis to me.

Anyone can poke at a snake til it bites. Intelligence dictates that is unwise, but getting some to use
the intelligence is difficult sometimes, and when I hear myself say that I think, BS, only someone that wants a negative reaction is who will do that. I just have a hard time believing that good responsible gun owners that want to preserve the 2nd would be that dumb, and that makes me feel that maybe they are not so interested in preserving it.????? It is either that or they really are that dumb.??????
I don't have near as much concern about folks carrying a sidearm openly in most areas, but those that walk into a mall or big box store or even the local grocery store with a long gun are doing nothing but trying to get a reaction. There is not other purpose unless they are walking home from a hunting or range trip. Then it might be wiser to have it cased just to save some of that negative reaction that will happen.
Again it gets back to common sense or just dumb or trying to invoke a negative response.
And yeah this is really a dead horse and my last comment on it.
People are going to do what they are going to do. The question is do you want them representing who you are as a gun owner and 2nd Amendment supporter.
We need to police ourselves a bit. But it takes reasonable people for that to happen.

Last Edited:
Well what Taku is saying is exactly what happened with Starbucks. Starbucks' policy was whatever the local laws are. Then some thought it would be too cool to have a rally with everyone OCing.
Then the problems start.
Just go about your business and don't make a scene either way,then FM won't need to change any policies
Except that's not entirely correct. That was the end result but the chain of events was different.
I am new to this specific forum so I should explain my stance on open carry. I open carry almost everyday. I don't grandstand, make a spectacle, or pose for pictures. I carry a properly holstered handgun. I don't believe in going to the store with a rifle but I will NEVER tell someone what they can and cannot do where their Rights are concerned.
I believe the exception would be in a place like Texas where there is no open carry of handguns.
I believe it's fine for someone under 21 to carry a rifle as in most states that is your only option until 21.
I believe in the normalization of open carry. Not creating a spectacle. I have had several great conversations with many different people. Most want to know how to go about buying a gun and what they need to do to carry it. I'm able to direct them to applicable RCW's and forums to guide them.
I have never had someone run away, call the police, or freak out.
Starbucks repeatedly asked not to be involved in activism on both sides of the debate. Gun owners didn't listen. They championed them, used their symbol, and yes created a spectacle.
Gun owners were pushed by the Anti's and they pushed back.

How about a bunch of guys beating a dead horse. ;)
Will a bunch of Federal Cops beating a dead horse work?
beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3fead4.jpg

Except that's not entirely correct. That was the end result but the chain of events was different.
I am new to this specific forum so I should explain my stance on open carry. I open carry almost everyday. I don't grandstand, make a spectacle, or pose for pictures. I carry a properly holstered handgun. I don't believe in going to the store with a rifle but I will NEVER tell someone what they can and cannot do where their Rights are concerned.
I believe the exception would be in a place like Texas where there is no open carry of handguns.
I believe it's fine for someone under 21 to carry a rifle as in most states that is your only option until 21.
I believe in the normalization of open carry. Not creating a spectacle. I have had several great conversations with many different people. Most want to know how to go about buying a gun and what they need to do to carry it. I'm able to direct them to applicable RCW's and forums to guide them.
I have never had someone run away, call the police, or freak out.
Starbucks repeatedly asked not to be involved in activism on both sides of the debate. Gun owners didn't listen. They championed them, used their symbol, and yes created a spectacle.

Yeah but, gun owners should be taking the higher moral ground. That way we can say, hey, we think it's ignorant that I can carry this *holds up rifle* in to Target but I can't wear a properly holstered handgun because of a law from 1872. Ranks right up there with laws about drinking and operating steam engines...

Hmmmm, sounds a lot like what I stated but in a little different context.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top