JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As soon as I got to this line:

There's also the matter of gun purchases made from sources other than licensed retailers; it's estimated that about 13% of those who have bought a gun did so through friends or online.
That was it for me. I would like the author to try to buy a gun online, then write a little story of just how that went. :oops::oops:

I regularly buy firearms online from Palmetto State Armory, Bud's, and (although not so much any more) Gunbroker.

I might ask or add :
Why are guns popular and or owned...?
It seems to me that there has been a shift in the reasons for gun ownership.
When I was younger , it could be boiled down to :
Shooting ( just for fun , no real reason or disciplines )...
Hunting...
Collecting...
Family guns...
'Cause we can , you know the 2nd Amendment...

Sure we knew of others that shot in competition or were into re-working old military guns ...
As always there isn't enough space to truly say why someone owns guns.

But....

Lately I have seen more emphasis on self defense and protection from various threats ....and less of the
shooting just as a fun past time.

Andy

This has been easy for me to see in my life. When I was old enough to buy a handgun myself this state offered a license to carry concealed. It was basically a rubber stamp to get. FEW other states let us do that. Even here at that time many gun owners were often shocked when they found out I carried. Many were shocked you could buy a license to do this and how easy it was. Well flash forward several decades and look now. There is a LOT of states the make getting a license to carry easy. A few have done away with the license, just tell you carry your gun.
Then look at the selection. When I started to carry there was not this huge selection of guns and holsters aimed at the CC market. I was basically limited to the same few choices aimed at LEO's who were plain clothes or off duty. Things have changes a hell of a lot to the good here at least. They keep trying new laws but the public seems to be MUCH more armed now than then. :D

I regularly buy firearms online from Palmetto State Armory, Bud's, and (although not so much any more) Gunbroker.
Really? They just mail you that gun with no record so no one knows huh? I very much hope what the artcle was trying to claim really got past you? That these online gun sales are why we don't know how many guns are sold?

Remember that one guy who said it was easier to buy a gun than a book.

000.jpg

Fewer than 1 in 3 huh...yet the vast majority of people disagree with getting rid of 2A.

I'd like to see a good survey on non gun owners. Just two questions: if the government crossed the line into your version of tyranny, would you buy a gun? Followed by: what's the line for you?

I've done well with asking the left if they would take up guns if Trump declared martial law after losing the 2020 election, or something to that effect (depending on the discussion). They either shut up or see my point.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews