JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"We shouldn't have to worry about if someone with a gun is a good guy or a bad guy, that's why we're asking them to make a policy asking people to leave their guns outside."

Yeah, because a bad guy with a gun is going to observe and respect an unenforceable store "policy". :rolleyes:

Naïve, clueless, and/or deluded.

To get into every nook and cranny in my life, please read, most already know.

<broken link removed>

I will be spending less on them everyday now, supporting more farmers locally. Try these guys for starters, I have and their products are quite tasty. And its available right off 205 in Wilsonville, Stafford Rd exit.

http://stroupefarms.com/

Its how I am fighting back.
You do know Kroger hasn't changed their policy right? They have not given into the demands. Also, Fred Meyer supports a ton of local farmers as well, including a friends farm
They say outright in their statement they follow state and local laws and trust their customers. They should be rewarded. Also have you open carried and Stroupe Farms? What was the reaction?

Kroger and Fred Meyer are where I like to shop. Also Safeway and Bimart.
I don't open carry. I think those who do are foot shooters.
I know the store managers at Safeway and Bimart, and they know I cc, and are ok with it.
I like to buy coffee and scones at Starbucks.

Click the first link. Cute couple. Gives gun owners LOTS of credibility. (sarcasm)

I occasionally stop by Safeway on my way home from work and I am open carrying. Never had an issue. I also don't act like a jackass which is a huge part of negative reaction to OC.

Only due to the MONEY! No doubt. hmmm?

ok i will stop picking on them, I do know the retailer of Stroupe Meats off Stafford road most likely is a big time hunter.

Part of S&H logging, hmm the world is changing for the better I hope.
Uhhhh....they are a store, they sell everything to make money. Is there a store that just give bubblegum away that I don't know about? What about one that sells at cost?

I love it when they say things like, "well, how are we supposed to know if it's a good guy with a gun or a bad guy with a gun?"

Here's a tip, if it's in a holster it's a good guy. If they're actively trying to rob and murder you it's a bad guy.

I have got my own beliefs about food, Yes they still get a dollar from me. I however do not believe in some of their other policies.

The bulk of my food dollar will go to someone who thinks like me, and provides a superior product, or at least tries to. Others deserve a better chance if they are doing a better job at giving quality. Its part of the Free-Market Enterprise system.

The Money Dictactors, like the current political scenario playing out in Washington is the main reason for my personal choices. Its just like a quality micro-brew, instead of Busch Beer!

To get into every nook and cranny in my life, please read, most already know.

<broken link removed>

I will be spending less on them everyday now, supporting more farmers locally. Try these guys for starters, I have and their products are quite tasty. And its available right off 205 in Wilsonville, Stafford Rd exit.

http://stroupefarms.com/

Its how I am fighting back.

Supporting locals is always a good bet. Stafford, Wilsonville, West Linn, OC, Canby, Woodburn, Salem, Dundee, Molalla, Silverton, Mt Angel..... all the small towns have plenty of fresh food stands and open farms to buy from and the food tastes far better than something shipped in from Mexico.

In have no problem with eating locally in fact I practice it. However the original post made it sound like Fred Meyer doesn't support our right, which they do and they don't support local farms or suppliers which they do also in a huge way. I am just against mis-information is all.

The moms ask them tell customers to leave the guns at home. What would someone who bought a gun at a Fred Meyer do immediately after they bought a firearm? Real tough to leave that gun at home.

The moms probably don't realize that Kroger is more than a grocery store in areas outside their locality where they organize the astroturf campaign.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top