Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Boy they try...

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by 44mag2ndamend, Sep 5, 2014.

1. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

pdrake and U201491 like this.
  2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

"We shouldn't have to worry about if someone with a gun is a good guy or a bad guy, that's why we're asking them to make a policy asking people to leave their guns outside."

Yeah, because a bad guy with a gun is going to observe and respect an unenforceable store "policy". :rolleyes:

Naïve, clueless, and/or deluded.

3. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

You do know Kroger hasn't changed their policy right? They have not given into the demands. Also, Fred Meyer supports a ton of local farmers as well, including a friends farm
    They say outright in their statement they follow state and local laws and trust their customers. They should be rewarded. Also have you open carried and Stroupe Farms? What was the reaction?

mjbskwim likes this.
  4. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Kroger and Fred Meyer are where I like to shop. Also Safeway and Bimart.
    I don't open carry. I think those who do are foot shooters.
    I know the store managers at Safeway and Bimart, and they know I cc, and are ok with it.
    I like to buy coffee and scones at Starbucks.

chemist likes this.
  5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

FRED MEYERS SELLS GUNS AND AMMO !!!!!!

6. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Click the first link. Cute couple. Gives gun owners LOTS of credibility. (sarcasm)

7. WilliamIV

WilliamIV Longview, Washington Active Member

I find it comical how this group continues to attack stores for allowing firearms at their facilities. Do they realize how stupid they sound?

Caveman Jim likes this.
  8. Creep

Creep Portland Member

Very rarely do stupid people understand that they are. Because they're stupid.

CJ1089, Stomper and decklin like this.
  9. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

I occasionally stop by Safeway on my way home from work and I am open carrying. Never had an issue. I also don't act like a jackass which is a huge part of negative reaction to OC.

Stomper and WilliamIV like this.
  10. WilliamIV

WilliamIV Longview, Washington Active Member

Yeah that's true. I know a few in my town that just ramble there stupid liberal agenda. I can only laugh because they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

11. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

They're right, a fat guy baring a hairy chest doesn't belong in a grocery store. Nobody wants to see that while shopping for twinkies,,, :confused:

Caveman Jim and Stomper like this.
  12. 44mag2ndamend

Only due to the MONEY! No doubt. hmmm?

ok i will stop picking on them, I do know the retailer of Stroupe Meats off Stafford road most likely is a big time hunter.

Part of S&H logging, hmm the world is changing for the better I hope.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  13. DieselScout

Uhhhh....they are a store, they sell everything to make money. Is there a store that just give bubblegum away that I don't know about? What about one that sells at cost?

14. 44mag2ndamend

uh oh, mom works there,

I gotta go

15. DieselScout

Simple reading comprehension could have prevented this while thread. Vendors who support us should be supported by us and Fred Meyer is one of those vendors. They have given the finger to Mom's Demand Action.

16. decklin

decklin WA Well-Known Member

I love it when they say things like, "well, how are we supposed to know if it's a good guy with a gun or a bad guy with a gun?"

Here's a tip, if it's in a holster it's a good guy. If they're actively trying to rob and murder you it's a bad guy.

17. 44mag2ndamend

I have got my own beliefs about food, Yes they still get a dollar from me. I however do not believe in some of their other policies.

The bulk of my food dollar will go to someone who thinks like me, and provides a superior product, or at least tries to. Others deserve a better chance if they are doing a better job at giving quality. Its part of the Free-Market Enterprise system.

The Money Dictactors, like the current political scenario playing out in Washington is the main reason for my personal choices. Its just like a quality micro-brew, instead of Busch Beer!

18. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Supporting locals is always a good bet. Stafford, Wilsonville, West Linn, OC, Canby, Woodburn, Salem, Dundee, Molalla, Silverton, Mt Angel..... all the small towns have plenty of fresh food stands and open farms to buy from and the food tastes far better than something shipped in from Mexico.

drew likes this.
  19. DieselScout

In have no problem with eating locally in fact I practice it. However the original post made it sound like Fred Meyer doesn't support our right, which they do and they don't support local farms or suppliers which they do also in a huge way. I am just against mis-information is all.

rick benjamin likes this.
  20. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

The moms ask them tell customers to leave the guns at home. What would someone who bought a gun at a Fred Meyer do immediately after they bought a firearm? Real tough to leave that gun at home.

The moms probably don't realize that Kroger is more than a grocery store in areas outside their locality where they organize the astroturf campaign.

WilliamIV likes this.