JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My son wants a bow for Christmas. He's shot bows before during hunter education and at summer camp. Everything I know about archery I probably learned from watching Avengers 2.

I'd like something that's adjustable and that he can grow with for a while, but without spending an arm and a leg. He already says he prefers compound or recurve. I'm guessing he can probably handle 25-30 pound draw weight. He's almost 12 years old.

This one has caught my eye. Not perfect in all respects, but looks like sights/rest can be upgraded as well as draw length and weight adjusted.

<broken link removed>

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Kind of late to the party, but My daughter wanted a bow as well for Christmas. Went to the local shop and they are a Hoyt and Mathews dealer.

Owner had her shoot a Matthews Mission Menace in a left hand and a right hand. ended up with a 24.5" draw with a 28lb pull.
this was all back late Nov. Kinda didnt talk about it much trying to get her to forget it. Then on Dec 21st I picked it up for her

She added a Cobra rest and a cobra release with her Chistmas money and I bought her some practice arrows.

The Menace will do 17"-30" draw and a 20-52lb pull. Bow cost 269.00 and another 75.00 for accessories and arrows. Should get thru for a few years. Shw has her eyes set on a sight and peep now

Bows and Archery Accessories | Mission Archery

Im looking at the Craze for myself...just to give her a shooting buddy and maybe a deer hunt Its 299.00

I'm late to the party too...
I bought my wife (63YY) a Mission Riot. It is a great bow and has just about every adjustments of any bow. I set it to 19lbs, because that is all she could pull. She is now up to 23 lbs, but after the steroids, I've been slipping into her juice, she will be right up to 70 lbs in no time. We shoot once a week and I can't believe how good she is doing!!!
Riot | Mission Archery
The last bow you would have to buy for him.

The Mathews Craze is the way to go if you have the extra cash. The guys at the shop tuned the bow for him. He is shooting amazing groups... We can't wait to go back to Texas and try our luck on some of the hogs there...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top