JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I fired 20 rounds of Corrosive 1977 Yugo 762X39 through my very clean Mini's bore and it looks like it has fired 10,000 rounds of cheap 22LR! The carbon build-up is terrible!
I poured boiling water down the bore followed by 1950's GI bore cleaner with little effect.
What can I use to break-up the grunge?

Sweets 7.62 or KROIL
If I am cleaning something corosive( black powder or old Millitary stuff) I will use a opatch coated with Rigg grease after cleaning and then before next use I will dry patch the weapon to remove excess. good luck

Window cleaner WITH AMMONIA is the quickest stuff to neutralize the corrosive salts, then proceed with ordinary bore cleaning/brushing. Hoppes #9 bore cleaner is widely favored, and let it soak in for a half hour or so before brushing. However, after using Hoppes #9 and finally getting clean patches, I did it all over again with Breakfree CLP and got LOTS more black out of the bore...........................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top