JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I fired 20 rounds of Corrosive 1977 Yugo 762X39 through my very clean Mini's bore and it looks like it has fired 10,000 rounds of cheap 22LR! The carbon build-up is terrible!
I poured boiling water down the bore followed by 1950's GI bore cleaner with little effect.
What can I use to break-up the grunge?

Sweets 7.62 or KROIL
If I am cleaning something corosive( black powder or old Millitary stuff) I will use a opatch coated with Rigg grease after cleaning and then before next use I will dry patch the weapon to remove excess. good luck

Window cleaner WITH AMMONIA is the quickest stuff to neutralize the corrosive salts, then proceed with ordinary bore cleaning/brushing. Hoppes #9 bore cleaner is widely favored, and let it soak in for a half hour or so before brushing. However, after using Hoppes #9 and finally getting clean patches, I did it all over again with Breakfree CLP and got LOTS more black out of the bore...........................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top