JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was helping wife in kitchen. She was startled by movement at window. Nothing like having predators peer at you! More wildlife in Arizona than imagined. 20210608_162605.jpg 20210608_162609.jpg

That's a pretty scrawny bobcat. Not enough calories in snakes and lizards? And they run all the calories off chasing roadrunners? :D

Yea, but what do they do with house cats? Do they leave them be or...eat them?
It is my opinion that cats are nature's nuclear option for dealing with critters you don't want to have around, the "nuke them from orbit" solution to non-insect pest problem. So if you deploy a bobcat in your yard, I believe its going to basically murder everything, including house cats and smaller dogs, along with birds, squirrels, moles and voles etc. If I have a cat, I'll have to keep it indoor.

As mentioned in another thread, wife and I have been feeding this feral cat but if there's a bobcat and it ended up hanging out, this would mean the current feral cat will become food pretty soon unless it is smart enough to run away, which I believe it will since it is a cunning feral cat and not a domesticated animal. It'll be a pity but that's nature for you. :)

Been here a year. First bobcat was mature adult on driveway. Other two sightings .8 miles away. One cat had a cottontail in it's mouth. We have elk and deer. Neighbors said mountain lion sightings last month 1 mile from front door. Coyotes and foxes are everywhere.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top