JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah........I'm a firm believer that if I wanted to hear what he thought about besides sports, we'd ask......

Same goes for actors/actresses

No one asked.......honestly the more I hear about the personal beliefs of most of these fools on TV, the more I don't like them. The sad part is, when I don't like them personally, it really ruins the sporting events, shows and movies one tries to watch. Hence I watch little TV/Movies, etc.

GreginWA, hopefully that was an attempt at a joke of some sort. "Cheap" handguns vary by individual, to me a "cheap" handgun is a Glock or an M&P because I can pick those up for not alot of $$. So under your theory can I now only go buy $2,500 and up 1911's.

Onto Bob Costas, he is a sports announcer guy, comment on that. I support his 1st Amm. right to say as he wants but he should do it at a time and place that is appropriate. He did a commentary when it was a sports show not a commentary period. For doing it at the wrong time fire him.

I believe Hank Jr. said his stuff, not on a sports show, but in an interview after being asked a question. Hank could have answered in a more PC way but did not and got fired. Bob just spouted off on his own opinion no gotcha question just his own dumb opinion.

Last Edited:
Thanks for helping inspire me, gang!

Costas comments epitomize acceptable social bigotry against guns

<broken link removed>

Pander much, Dave?

I do wonder how many of you truly understand the definition of a rant. If many of you really think what Costas did was rant, I'm glad most of you don't run in the same circles as I, personally or professionally, because some of the direct conversations we have would make a few of you cry.

Btw, Costas is also the guy who - during the Olympic opening ceremonies - took shots at dead Kim Jong Il and his golf game. Internationally vs. domestically offensive, but didn't hear many people here objecting to his comments about "bouncing shots off the windmill or the clown's nose" being inappropriate.

To the others re: Hank Williams Jr. - I don't think he should've been fired for spouting off like a tard. And comparing the sitting President - any of them - to Hitler - is a stupidity that gene therapy can't fix. They should've canned him because his music sucks.

Pander much, Dave?

I do wonder how many of you truly understand the definition of a rant. If many of you really think what Costas did was rant, I'm glad most of you don't run in the same circles as I, personally or professionally, because some of the direct conversations we have would make a few of you cry.

Puhleeeze!! How much high horse riding do you do?

Puhleeeze!! How much high horse riding do you do?

Riding a pygmy horse here would be considered "high horse" most of the time.

General media polls of Joe Average think Costas was stupid to make that his halftime bit. That hardly constitutes "acceptable social bigotry against guns by the media elite." That constitutes a respect for the 1st Amendment. It's sad how many staunch 2A'ers forget that 2 follows 1 (and how often 1A'ers forget that without 2 then 1 is at risk.)

The bigger bit of offensive is how poorly organized Whitlock's article is. He moves completely off his topic to his personal opinion of firearms. You can actually see where he makes the right turn on Random Boulevard.

The bigger bit of offensive is how poorly organized Whitlock's article is. He moves completely off his topic to his personal opinion of firearms. You can actually see where he makes the right turn on Random Boulevard.

Whitlock also says the NRA is the new KKK on a podcast. http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/03/anti-gun-sports-columnist-jason-whitlock-the-nra-is-the-new-kkk/

I didn't like him before he got canned from ESPN for remarks about a couple of coworkers.

Don't just play their game by sending an e-mail that may never be read Remember what happened to Rush Limbaugh ?

Make a phone call or three.........

Contact Us | NBCUniversal

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

make someone listen to your message..an effective word to use ...BOYCOTT

WOW Very well said Dave Workman I love the last sentence of that article! ALL to true.

The thing that gets me most about the IGNORANT rant of Bob Costas (and Jason Whitlocks statement) That had He NOT owned a gun they would still be alive. Just wow unbelievable. Do people SERIOUSLY believe that?

It's sad how many staunch 2A'ers forget that 2 follows 1 (and how often 1A'ers forget that without 2 then 1 is at risk.)

I'm sure you didn't forget that the 1A , the 2A, and the whole Bill of Rights is about limiting Government's power over the people, not commerce.
Through it's representative Costas, NBC is trying to sell us their product, "SNF". It is totally reasonable that we as the ultimate consumer of that product object when they try to force feed us controversial material in an inappropriate venue.
Kind of like opening up a package of diapers and finding that the manufacturer included some condoms because they support population control.

I'm sure you didn't forget that the 1A , the 2A, and the whole Bill of Rights is about limiting Government's power over the people, not commerce.
Through it's repesentative Costas, NBC is trying to sell us their product, "SNF". It is totally reasonable that we as the ultimate consumer of that product object when they try to force feed us controversial material in an inappropriate venue.
Kind of like opening up a package of diapers and finding that the manufacturer included some condoms because they support population control.

I think your example is a good one although not necessarily apples-to-apples - I do get what you're saying, though. In this case where Costas is generally given this time for OpEd and very loosely talking about a subject that has its roots in the sport-related topic from Saturday then it's more espousing a personal opinion vs. taking a stance from a corporate perspective. NBC right now has probably pooping kittens because they're already fourth amongst networks; the negative publicity of having their OpEd go political doesn't help them much. He didn't go full Oberman, but he was definitely kicking pebbles in that grey area.

So I don't necessarily think he was a tool of NBC to force-feed an opinion. I think he took a sports-related topic and went on a soapbox without fully thinking it through. There may be some sort of retraction from NBC or they may hope it goes away on its own.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top