JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Costas is IMHO is the best in his industry at what he does. But these comments of his tonight were out of line and out of place.
As much as I disagree with his comments, I have to say that he has the right to say them.
You make the same mistake he did if you want him fired for his comment I think.
You want to modify or remove his 1A rights. That's as bad as him wanting to modify or remove our 2A rights.

Look at Hank Williams Jr. He got fired for speaking his mind. 1st Amendment right as well for what he said? yet he got fired from the same company.

I agree. It was pretty stupid for Hank to get fired wasnt it?
Why lower ourselves to the same level as them?
Its good to voice your opinion over the inappropriate comments Costas made, but to try to get him fired for it is just not right IMHO.

Jeeze people, Costas made his comment as was his first amendment right! Any one who reacts with verbal hostility is ALSO exercising his or her first amendment rights! Same daam right folks! When anyone exercises freedom of speech, that person gets to enjoy the consequences of his statement! This is sure as heck is not "modifying or removing" 1-A rights, rather it smacks of removing the rights of those who would cry out against Mr Costas ill advised statement!

PS; The "ill advised" part of the post is my own opinion, freely expressed as is my right!

Jeeze people, Costas made his comment as was his first amendment right! Any one who reacts with verbal hostility is ALSO exercising his or her first amendment rights! Same daam right folks! When anyone exercises freedom of speech, that person gets to enjoy the consequences of his statement! This is sure as heck is not "modifying or removing" 1-A rights, rather it smacks of removing the rights of those who would cry out against Mr Costas ill advised statement!

PS; The "ill advised" part of the post is my own opinion, freely expressed as is my right!

Please re-read my comments. The link the OP posted was supposedly to a site that was an effort to get Costas fired.
Later I said that its fine to make your voice heard and let the network know what you think.
Isnt that what you are implying is the right thing to do?
Should we try to get private citizens fired for voicing their opinion?
I'm certainly open to being wrong about this, but it just seems to me that calling for his job is hypocritical.

Please re-read my comments. The link the OP posted was supposedly to a site that was an effort to get Costas fired.
Later I said that its fine to make your voice heard and let the network know what you think.
Isnt that what you are implying is the right thing to do?
Should we try to get private citizens fired for voicing their opinion?
I'm certainly open to being wrong about this, but it just seems to me that calling for his job is hypocritical.

Sorry but Mr. Costas is using the platform of his job to express his private ideology and I think that that opens the door for his detractors to try to remove that platform. If he worked for me selling fish and spouted personal opinions To customers he would hit the door running!

Sorry but Mr. Costas is using the platform of his job to express his private ideology and I think that that opens the door for his detractors to try to remove that platform. If he worked for me selling fish and spouted personal opinions To customers he would hit the door running!

Mr. Costas is paid by the network to offer his opinion....not sell fish.
he is a commentator and the network was doing a piece on the murder/killing.
We will see what the network has to say, my guess is nothing, but my feeling is that it will think his comments were in line with the networks ideology and the event he was referencing.
Different than you firing your fish salesman for his personal comments.
and dont take any of this as me agreeing with what he said because I do not and i think he was an idiot for saying it.

His opinion is that people are not accountable for their actions and can pass blame to inanimate objects. That is his point of view, and that victim stance line of reasoning has become quite popular.

Mr. Costas is paid by the network to offer his opinion....not sell fish.
he is a commentator and the network was doing a piece on the murder/killing.
We will see what the network has to say, my guess is nothing, but my feeling is that it will think his comments were in line with the networks ideology and the event he was referencing.
Different than you firing your fish salesman for his personal comments.
and dont take any of this as me agreeing with what he said because I do not and i think he was an idiot for saying it.

My point is that we have a perfect right to agitate for his job loss or howl for his head for that matter! Again the analogy is my personal standard, sports commentator, comment on sports. I think that anyone who thinks Costas will be fired is delusional! But for Mr. Costas himself, he will be drinking free cocktails on the liberal set for years.

My point is that we have a perfect right to agitate for his job loss or howl for his head for that matter! Again the analogy is my personal standard, sports commentator, comment on sports. I think that anyone who thinks Costas will be fired is delusional! But for Mr. Costas himself, he will be drinking free cocktails on the liberal set for years.

Again, I think you miss my point. I believe you have the perfect right to clammer for his job. And Sunday night, his job required that he comment on the incidents of the previous few days.
I just think its hypocritical to cal for his job is all.
Simple as that.
We can agree to disagree I suppose.

Well put Sgt Nambu it IS all about the $$ and YES it is POLITICAL he was using his platform and power of influence to the viewers, In pushing for gun gontrol. If you really think that is his PERSONAL opinion I am running for pres next election. He gets PAID to say what THEY tell him to. Just like the News, they wanna start showing more gun violence to imply a trend however statistically nothing has to change they just tell you more about it to make you feel like there is an increase in gun violence. Then when it (gun control) happens the sheeple want it, right up till the cops dont save the day.

However NO he will NOT lose his job over this so dont waste your time or give yourself a heartattack over it. HE did his JOB exactly what they pay him to do. He wasnt talkin bad bout his employers fish, he was saying what he was supposed to.

I dont like it and cant stand the media and trend that seems to be going on in an attempt to undermine the necessity of us law abiding citizens to effectivly defend ourselves when faced with a potentially lethal threat and to help deter criminals from seeing you as a potential victim. Its a scary thing we will all have to fight for in the coming year/s its really just sad most ppl are BRAINWASHED into thinking the goberment knows best and that they can count on them to be there when they need it. "Hey, Sandy victims glad the goberment was so prompt in getting you power back on! guess yal sure pegged it right in trusting them!" NOT Prep yourselves and RELY on YOUR SELF no one else is going to save you when they cant save themselves!

(sorry i dont mean to offend any one getting over the tragic events from Superstorm Sandy just too perfect a scenerio for my givin arguement in self reliance and not depending on government for security or ANYTHING. Thanks for understanding)

Also NO its not right to go after him for his job even if it was his honest "opinion".

First and foremost its his and all of our 1a right.
Second HIS JOB lets him (AND Pays him to boot!) to express his "Opinion"
Just because YOUR job dont let you express your opinions doesnt mean when someone expresses theres doing their job, they should lose that job.

I DONT agree he should be allowed to advocate Gun Control during a football game. However its HIS right HIS job and HIS 5 min segment on the show lol IF YOU DONT LIKE IT CHANGE IT (but be sure to change it right back lol, no sense missing out on a good game over a matter of differance of opinion)

Also he made it more about gun control and less about the familys of those impacted instead rambling ignorantly about gun control. Cant believe he (and the DUMB ARSE JASON WHITLOCK) said "If Jovan Belcher didn't possess a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.''

WOW just WOW

ALSO on another note I have decided to go in the Self Defense Rock business We have all shapes and sizes just right for you! They are deadly accurate and (for now) you dont need to go through a Federal Rock Licensed dealer to get one! place your orders NOW! WE HAVE ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!

The You tube video does not seam to be available

seam
noun
1. The line formed by sewing together pieces of cloth, leather, or the like.
2. The stitches used to make such a line.
3. Any line formed by abutting edges.

seem
verb (used without object)
1. To appear to be, feel, do, etc.: She seems better this morning.
2. To appear to one's own senses, mind, observation, judgment, etc.: It seems to me that someone is calling.
3. To appear to exist: There seems no need to go now.

I myself am for the banning of all cheap handguns and automatic rifles.

get a breath of fresh air how many $3000 pistols do you own? who is to say what is cheap?
because I can get a good deal on a kimber because someone really needs money is that a cheap gun?
how about because I'm married and have to save for 6 months to buy a **** for $75 is that a cheap gun to me NO

IF YOUR PRO 2A THEN YOU SHOULD NOT WANT TO BAN OF ANYGUN
your a half step above costa

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews