JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Nice that he gets to hurl his message at us but we don't get to speak back.....Oh yea, just turn off the game!!!!

Coatas comment:

What I believe is, if he didn’t possess/own a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.

That is the message I wish Chiefs players, professional athletes and all of us would focus on Sunday and moving forward. Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.

According to his logic we should incarcerate all the guns, then we won't need jail space for the criminals sense there will be no more crime. But wait, the guy in Wyoming used a knife and arrows. Do we lock them up too.

WOW I thought I was the only one that seen that and almost PUKED I couldnt help but yell back at him yes I know he couldnt hear me lol. He was reciting some article from a Kansas Based writer that was totally bashing on handguns, and finally made the most ignorant statement that had belcher not had a handgun, he would not have killed himself (and girlfriend)

Bull Spit the proof is in the pudding site Wyoming attack with a bow and arrow of all things. TAKE ALL IT AWAY but you cant take my ROCKS and I am one dangerous SOB with a handful of rocks lets see them try to regulate those.

I know I am preachin to the choir here but wow just makes me wonder how stupid, ignorant and BRAINWASHED the sheeple are

I see a frantic sheeple post with a link to a sheeple page with no data, facts, quotes, video or info.

Perhaps I would agree with your sentiment. However, I don't know Costas or what he said, and that makes me less than inclined to work myself into a tizzy and follow you on your crusade.
(Note that the Mods merged two threads here. This post was in a thread with just the 'Fire Costas' facebook link post)

Last Edited:
WOW I thought I was the only one that seen that and almost PUKED I couldnt help but yell back at him yes I know he couldnt hear me lol. He was reciting some article from a Kansas Based writer that was totally bashing on handguns, and finally made the most ignorant statement that had belcher not had a handgun, he would not have killed himself (and girlfriend)

Bull Spit the proof is in the pudding site Wyoming attack with a bow and arrow of all things. TAKE ALL IT AWAY but you cant take my ROCKS and I am one dangerous SOB with a handful of rocks lets see them try to regulate those.

I know I am preachin to the choir here but wow just makes me wonder how stupid, ignorant and BRAINWASHED the sheeple are

Rocks? I always thought a claw hammer was the tool for the job...

An NFL player like Belcher could have easily used just his bare hands to kill his girlfriend. Now if she had owned a handgun and been properly trained to use it she might just have had a fighting chance to defend herself and be alive today. But because she was unarmed she had no chance and is dead. Bob Costas thinks we should rely on the good will and reasoning power of crazy people, as if they couldn't figure out other ways to kill. People have been killing each other from the beginning of time. Guns have only been around a few hundred years. I thought it inappropriate to politicize this tragedy. Now I know why Bob Costas always reminded me of a weasel.

Watched the clip. (here you go: Bob Costas on Gun Control following Jovan Belcher tragedy Sunday Night Half-Time Show Tribute - YouTube)

Quite a few of Whitlock's comments are way off base, but there are some that aren't completely baseless. If you think some people aren't enboldened for conflict because they have firearms you're not paying attention to the events around you (and even the occasional post here.)

Costas should stick to sports commentary. I doubt anyone is going to take this commentary and his endorsement of it will move any needle in terms of gun restriction or legislation. He's not the first person to talk out of turn, but unless he continues to use his position as a political advocacy then I don't see this is as more than a mulligan.

That and I also still believe in 1A rights.

I myself am for the banning of all cheap handguns and automatic rifles.

Hope that is tongue in cheek. without cheap handguns the gang bangers might actually kill more innocent bystanders without the jams. Also - last I checked in the past 40 years the only legally owned "automatic rifle" used in a crime was by a cop who after killing his wife with his service pistol offed himself with his full auto.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top