JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had a maintenance seminar at the convention center yesterday. I figured I would carry my survivle back pack for the day. Went pretty well, Had to get usto the extra wieght and bulkyness. Also did not have any wepons or ammo in this run.
Lessons learned.
Waterproof things better or get a dry bag, Dont eat all of the food, Even though it was light out I noticed I left my flashlight on dresser.
OK how do I get across the river without getting my stuff wet.(If the bridges were down) Cant steal so takeing a boat wouldnt work. Hmmm.
Would you steal or name it something els for your survivle? How far would you go with realistic situations.

Packaging inside your BOB is crucial.
You could ruin your food or fire source easily.
I had lighters in a sealed ammo can and the flints were shot in 5 years.
Now they all get vacuum sealed before stowing.
Aloksak, just google it, has nice products too.

I thought there was a way that the army guys would wrap their ponchos around their packs so that they would float and not get wet? Too lazy to look it up. But a big +1 for the vacuum bagging. Works great for clothes and also packs them down so that they don't take up as much space. Freezer bags seem to do good as well.

I thought there was a way that the army guys would wrap their ponchos around their packs so that they would float and not get wet? Too lazy to look it up. But a big +1 for the vacuum bagging. Works great for clothes and also packs them down so that they don't take up as much space. Freezer bags seem to do good as well.

They taught us to use the waterproof bag (they call it the "wet weather bag")...keep some air in it when you seal it as well.

From what I remember we just rolled up all our clothes and put them in ziplocks inside our pack. The pack floated like that enough to keep our heads above water while swimming on our backs.

Everything in my pack can get wet...buy a large dry bag and just keep merino long jons and wool socks in it...when needed put your ammo/boots into your dri bag...get wet...get across...change into your your dry wools...start a fire...dry out your stuff...done it a hundred times...but I am the master survivalist :D

...or you could throw your stuff across...build a raft...or my favorite, the ultimate survival vehicle...BUY A CONOE!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top