Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Best SKS stripper clips?

Reactions
Hi,

I've acquired a Norinco type 56 rifle from a member and I'm looking to buy some stripper clips as this is my first clip-fed rifle. For you SKS owners out there: what's good and what's not?

Thanks!

wolfcreed

Reactions
If you make it out to the east side of Gresham I have a few I can give you if you want some. I believe these were off surplus Chinese ammo and work quite well I think.

Reactions
Try and find some older military clips. Most of the ones sold by the vendors seem to be current production. They older ones for whatever reason work fantastic. The newer gloss blued commercial ones not so much. I'm not sure what the difference is [steel or finish type, etc] Watch around the gun show tables and you can find them fairly cheap.

SUPER X

Reactions
Hi,

I've acquired a Norinco type 56 rifle from a member and I'm looking to buy some stripper clips as this is my first clip-fed rifle. For you SKS owners out there: what's good and what's not?

Thanks!
The clips that are on the russian surplus ammo work well

papersoldier

Reactions
The Yugo clips that M67 comes on have worked great for me. It's worth it to buy a few boxes of the ammo (if you can find it) just for the stripper clips.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent

Staff online