JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just getting into the 50 cal game and PMC Bronze 50BMG seems to be a good compromise between accuracy and price at $3/round. The next step up for accuracy jumps to $6 - $9 a round. Before I ordered some bulk PMC I wanted to see if anyone had a good source at sub $3/round. I have found mil-surp for sub $2.50/round but it sounds like accuracy can leave something to be desired. Not expecting to shoot one hole groups at the price point I am looking at per round but don't want it to look like I shot the target with buckshot from a 100 yards away either.

I've had decent luck accuracy wise with both PMC bronze and surplus M33. At 500, hitting a 12" plate is easy enough for a good time. I believe I sourced a couple hundred from LAX for $3/round shipped last summer.

What rifle will you be using?

I know nothing about .50BMG ammo except that Cabela's in Tualatin had about 30 boxes on the shelf two days ago. I didn't even see what brand it was. I just picked up a box to marvel at how heavy it was! I believe it was five and change per, five/six rounds a box sound right? I didn't even look.

@TTSX I picked up an Armalite AR50 to dip my toes in. If I like it as much as I think, I will likely pick up a Cadex Tremor. Might pickup some M33 to at least give it a try.

@RedRover I had come across the PPU target line but didn't see that Rangemaster line. I will definitely look to pick some up to benchmark against PMC and possibly some M33.

Very much appreciate the feedback from both of you.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top