JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cash and Carry on Division in Gresham (around SE 200th), I bought 50 lbs of Pintos, 100 lbs of Rice, Bob's Red Mill brand whole wheat flour (50lbs), 100 lbs of sugar and salt all for less than $150.

+1 really great place to buy food in bulk. I still like Costco for TP and Paper Towels, but all bulk food comes from Cash and Carry.

Cash and Carry are great, and open to anyone (used to be you had to have a business to buy there, but no more). Trouble is, they are geared primarily for foodservice businesses, and thus their bulk foods are packaged for use typically within a year. NOT for long term storage. However, one CAN get a bit creative and use an old welding gas regulator (oxygen type, not the fuel gas), get a high pressure gas cylinder of either CO2 or nitrogen, and gas flush your own packaging. Get clean (new is best) four or five gallon pails and lids, fill with grain, beans, freeze dried veggies, whatever, flush with nitrogen or carbon dioxide, and seal. I've done this with forty and larger gallon plastic or food grade steel drums, then spun the bungs down tight and sealed them with some sort of goop. Another trick is to buy some dry ice, break off a chunk, place that in the bottom of the barrel/drum, pour in the grain/bean, let the CO2 vapourise until you can smell it leaking out the top, then whang the lid/bung down tight. As long as the seal is not broken, whatever is inside it will keep for years. No bugs, no oxidation of product, no rancid oils..... and cheap.

just something to think about.

dry/freeze dried food require WATER.

MREs dont

depending on the sit, WATER maybe worth just as much as food.

Official sponsor of the Apocalypse.

top-ramen-enhancement-reque.jpg

holy crap that is one of the best posts i've ever seen on any forum anywhere ever.

Cash and Carry on Division in Gresham (around SE 200th), I bought 50 lbs of Pintos, 100 lbs of Rice, Bob's Red Mill brand whole wheat flour (50lbs), 100 lbs of sugar and salt all for less than $150.

+1

There is one in Hayden Meadows also.

just something to think about.
dry/freeze dried food require WATER.
MREs dont
depending on the sit, WATER maybe worth just as much as food.

That is why I keep a stash of freeze dried WATER.:p

i have been think of calling or going by the lds center in springfield.
i have had others say they are open to non-members, but sometimes you need to help
can products sometimes they have enough stock and they will sell to you but all ways be willing to help them. i will post my experience in a few weeks

I'm rather partial to <broken link removed> #10 cans because they last for 25+ years & I already eat this junk on hiking trips. They do take a lot of water, but I store plenty (30 gallons) and have a stream running through my property.

People have different tolerances for food expiration safety & mine is pretty low. I don't want to be in a survival situation only to find out the food I stashed away has gone bad. The 25+ year shelf-life of the #10 cans means that I don't have to worry about food rotation as much for my stored food.

I buy directly from Mountain House. I normally buy six cans at a time because that's how many come in a box (you can mix-n-match) & that makes storing them easier. Cost for a box of six cans is anywhere from $100-$200 depending on what you put in there. I like to get a mix of dinner entrees, breakfast items, and snacks (pilot crackers, gorp, etc.) so that each box represents a balance of meals.

I also keep track of the servings & calories/serving for all of my stored foods. I then figure out how many people/days I have stored based on different calories/day scenarios. Good to think about this in advance so you know what you are building toward (30-days for me) and how to ration it in times of need.

There is also another Cash & Carry in Clackamas on 82nd Drive.

I'm rather partial to <broken link removed> #10 cans because they last for 25+ years....I don't want to be in a survival situation only to find out the food I stashed away has gone bad. The 25+ year shelf-life of the #10 cans means that I don't have to worry about food rotation as much for my stored food.

Agreed. I was just talking to my wife about the #10 cans and I think this is the way to go for the core of our storage. I'm excited to get started

Agreed. I was just talking to my wife about the #10 cans and I think this is the way to go for the core of our storage. I'm excited to get started

I've been putting this stuff together for a few years - every time there's some major disaster somewhere, I buy a little bit more to add to my pile.

BTW, AlpineAire #10 can foods are only rated for five years - not sure why. Stick w/ the Mountain House.

I’ll be putting an order in August for “Mountain House Freeze Dried Food” better than any MRE’S you can buy and this stuff tastes great. There are “six two serving pouches per case” and my prices will be lower that any you can find. Look up Mountain House at www.mountainhouse.com to research product. Sold at REI and all Outdoor stores. Light weight, easy to cook, boil 16oz water, add to package, stir, wait 10 minutes and you have a great tasting meal. Example 53135 Turkey Tetrazzini (two 10oz servings) $6.50 suggested retail and what most stores sell it for. Call me with what you want for your price. I have a limited number of catalogs at this time. I usually only order once a year just before hunting and snowmobile season. Pick up will be in Kent East Hill area.
Thanks Tod
253 854 1678 or 206 396 9389

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top