JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So after reading some topics on here. Where are some good places to look at getting some dried foods, MRE's, and etc.

I have found a couple site's on the internet...but dang they are spendy. Any local places around?

REI has a huge selection of dried foods. Freeze dried. they taste great, and have a huge selection of flavors. You just boil water, add to it and mix it up in the bag, then wait 10 min, eat it out of the bag and through it away. Works great for camping or whatever, cheack online for there outlet to save money. Personally i stock up when i worked at joes, there good for 5+ years. They pair up really nice with the jetboil stove. MRES have too much extra stuff in them (heavy) and pretty limited in flavors.

Official sponsor of the Apocalypse.

top-ramen-enhancement-reque.jpg

Another good source for food storage supplies including: grains, beans, rice, dehydrated veggies etc. is Healthy Harvest in Vancouver.

http://www.healthyharvest.com/

From my experience, they carry bulk whole foods sealed in cans, pails, pouches etc. rather than MRE's and prepackaged backpacking types of meals. They are an excellent source for storage foods.

Here's some people I met at the last Portland show. They are going out of business soon and are now having a 40% off sale. Next week may be their last week. I bought seeds and sprouts (imagine that, going into a gun show and coming out with sprouts:huh:).

American Family Network & Preparedness Center
10950 sw 5th street #155
Beaverton (97005)
503-672-7502 (call first to make sure)
"All types of Long Term Storage Foods" and other items

I have purchased from www.nitro-pak.com in the past. They are not inexpensive but have a wide variety of survival foods and goods for the serious minded. Compare the cost per serving, serving calories, and shelf-life before you spend a lot of money on MREs. The family packs are a good way to go. I'm not sure there is a "cheap" way to stockpile food that will last but I do think the mountain house stuff is top of the line.

Cash and Carry on Division in Gresham (around SE 200th), I bought 50 lbs of Pintos, 100 lbs of Rice, Bob's Red Mill brand whole wheat flour (50lbs), 100 lbs of sugar and salt all for less than $150.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top