JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not, as you say, "butt hurt" (nothing that crude was either stated or implied). On the other hand, you presume that everyone has the ability to install (and the ability to head space) a new barrel onto an new "upper". Not everyone has a shop or has access to a shop (and the requisite tools) to do so. Had you considered that not everyone is either a gunsmith or possesses the requisite skills?

Apparently not.

If you ever do get the urge, building an AR is a lot like playing with an erector set. They are very easy to work on, but you will need a hundred dollars worth of tools or someone who you can borrow them from. I built my first two following some YouTube videos. I'm just saying don't be afraid of it and not advocating that you do so.

Considering the cost of the tools, I don't think you could build cheaper than the rifles you were looking at.

Did you ever get your rifle? I just traded for an AR-556 and am impressed with the quality for the price point. IMO all the rifle needs is a better trigger like an ACT, but then virtually every fresh out of the box AR comes with a crappy trigger.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top