JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i've been wanting to get into the clay sports for a while, i may do some at the local clubs but mostly it'll be just using hand throwers on some property. Looking for the most bang for my buck really, budget will be about 500 tops.

Wanting opinions on the following and will definitely consider others as well.

-Used remington 11-87
-Used remington 1100
-Used baretta 3901
-New mossberg 930 (can get a new 2 barrel combo set for around 500 as well)

Mainly wanting semi autos. Thanks for the help everyone

I have an 11-87 with a 28” barrel and it really is my do all gun. I picked up my synthetic stock model at Bi Mark for around $500-$550. I have nothing but great things to say about it. I can’t remember the last time it had a malfunction if ever. I shoot trap awith it. It will shoot 3” shells for duck hunting. I can swap out the barrel for an 18.5” one and add an extended magazine tube for home security and three gun matches. I believe the biggest difference between the 11-87 and the 1100 is the 1100 will only take 2-3/4 shells.

I haven’t shot the Mossberg 930 but between the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500, the 870 seems to be a little better quality made, IMHO.

I don’t know much about Beretta shotguns but I hear they are pretty nice but a little higher priced than the Remingtons and Mossbergs.

Found this on here for $275 http://www.northwestfirearms.com/rifle-shotgun-classifieds/80476-remington-11-87-12-ga.html

Gun Mechanic

I traded for a 11-87 a while back and started to read about problems or they were high maintenance .Glad to hear you two like them.
I traded my Beretta for it,not because I didn't like the Beretta but because I wasn't going hunting last fall and I wanted a police type shotgun. It was a great gun,but they are pretty close to Benelli in cost

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top