JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for some advice.
I need something for gun storage. Doesn't have to be fancy or particularly secure. Just something that locks to keep little ones out.
Unfortunately also on a pretty tight budget. Around 500 bucks or so. Could save up longer if needed. That's just where I'm at now.
Have a dozen or so long guns and assorted handguns.
I've looked at the stack-on offerings but worry I'll grow out of even their larger options shortly.
Thank you for taking the time to read and any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Looking for some advice.
I need something for gun storage. Doesn't have to be fancy or particularly secure. Just something that locks to keep little ones out.
Unfortunately also on a pretty tight budget. Around 500 bucks or so. Could save up longer if needed. That's just where I'm at now.
I've looked at the stack-on offerings but worry I'll grow out of even their larger options shortly.
Thank you for taking the time to read and any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Ha ha I read the title as "large budget" not large size. So something like this came to mind:
DB6DAC0F-0E75-4433-B873-C21CA65CB319.jpeg
CB0C5DAA-3136-4BAE-A1D8-D908EE3EBB7D.jpeg
You can find locking metal storage cabinets on Craigslist for free but might take a while. For non free should be able to find faster on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist. Shouldn't be over $40. I did see 2 full sized lockers in Pdx yesterday for free on CL.

If it's just to keep little one out a hasp and padlock secures most any door. You can add a milk crate stack for ammo and handguns and a revolving rack for long guns. If I had it to do over again I'd put my safe in a closet anyway.

Looking for some advice.
For the stated purpose…. Problem solved.

Contactor / job box perhaps?

Have a 48" one which works well for us (over-flow, duplicates, less used etc).

One of these:

$489 currently at Home Depot, looks like 1 in stock at Corvallis.

Pretty easy to move solo empty using a dolly, or by 2 reasonably healthy folks.

Need a pickup truck, van or very large SUV (suburban etc) to haul it tho, or available friends with such.

Bought ours when we lived up Salem, was on sale & couldn't connect conveniently with friends with a truck/Van. Salem had cheap truck rental, used such. Corvallis doesn't have truck rental, so if no truck/no friends avail, perhaps uhaul?

Had it in spare rooms in 2 homes (rentals). Covered looked like "furniture". On a cement pad now & added overflow projectiles. Might not even bolt it down...

Handy to move collection reasonably "securely".

Added foam strip & taped over holes for humidity & use the large canned dessicants. Could use a golden rod, or similar pretty easily as well.

I have bought a number of gun cabinets, both key lock and digital.

Both of my digital locks have failed. I will never buy a digital safe again.

Check Craigslist lots of random metal locking cabs on there.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/zip/d/portland-metal-storage-locker-free/7733788403.html I

I see these all the time for free.
84278431-6550-4D63-9DB3-A8BDF587CD0B.jpeg
If you really want to pay $ you can get the same things as free for lower cost, fe $40

Facebook amrketplace

4F53BC8B-B93C-41FA-ABCB-CEFEE6F1E22C.jpeg
32A06735-16C8-43FE-BD0A-626DBC174425.jpeg

Last Edited:
Thanks everybody for the ideas! I will monitor my local Craigslist for storage cabinets. That one in Portland looks awesome! I'd buy it if I thought my pickup would make it all the way up there lol.
If I don't find anything great locally I'll get two of the harbor freight cabinets. I have a buddy with one and it's pretty small in person but two would probably fit the bill.
Thanks everybody!

Looking for some advice.
I posted this a little while ago, might be worth considering:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads