JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FWIW - I have a Liberty safe with the e-lock and open the safe 1-2 x day. I use a lithium 9V and just change it once/year. Safe sits in a detached garage without heat/ac and the lock has been working great for 3+ years now.

So nothing "mechanical" ever fails? I even said I would take a dial over a keypad. :rolleyes:

Shame on me for taking your thread bait. I thought I was smarter than that. Apparently not tonight.

I have the electronic which is what was offered when I bought my safe. I'm more worried about a fire than someone breaking into my safe. I have it set up with my houses alarm system anyway. It's nice just to plug in your code and viola it opens. If it ever fails I've got a spare battery pack in my home safe that can get me in, in case of failure. It's been 10 years and still working fine.

You can use a key to lock a combo dial for quick entry during the day.

I'm with jbett, if I'm going to be home, and I usually am, the first time I enter the safe I set it for key lock. Then, if I leave or when I go to bed, I reset it for the combination. One thing though, you need to be really dedicated and aware of how you left your safe locked!
I've only left the house without spinning the dial a couple of times in many years.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads