JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Best , Dial or Digital Safe ?
I say Digital because according to what I read in the internet ( so must be true )
they are digital pads. I am upgrading and wondering to go keypad or dial.

Thanks

i was set on a dial because it doesnt have a battery and cant go dead... after visiting liberty safes of oregon in hubbard (about 25min from me) i walked out of there with a liberty safe with a keypad. it was much faster to get into and if youre like me youre in and out of your safe multiple times a day. also, the keypad is EMP proof/resistant and also saves the last known password incase of a spent battery. there is no keyhole behind the keypad which i like because its just one less thing for some bubblegum to try to pick at. if for some reason your keypad fails, liberty offers a lifetime warranty and i was told he'd make a house call to fix it.

YMMV

Still browsing for a larger gun safe. I did find that Fort Knox that put both an electronic and combination dial on a safe. Use the electronic keypad all the time until it fails. When it fails you can use the dial combination lock unlock your safe. Fort Knox safes are expensive. Also looking at the Liberty safe as well.

Went dial when I bought mine. Digital is nice. At the time I was worried about something dying and not being able to get in. These days with the advances I would probably go keypad if I ever upgrade now. We have one at work I had never seen before. It's digital but no battery. It has a little magneto of some kind in it. You give a dial on the front a half spin back and forth a couple times and a light comes on. Shows you it's charged and ready. Then enter the code and it opens. I had never seen such a thing. Offered to take it off their hands and trade them for mine. Even offered to haul mine in and haul theirs away free. :cool:

So nothing "mechanical" ever fails? I even said I would take a dial over a keypad. :rolleyes:

Shame on me for taking your thread bait. I thought I was smarter than that. Apparently not tonight.
When did I say that?
I said "electronic things fail all the time.. mechanical things, not so much." and you said "They both have their fair share of failures."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top